Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

FWIW, a well respected ITK on a West Ham forum is saying a deal is close and the fee is agreed.

Can see this happening by the end of the week. If a fee is agreed, it means the player is open to the move and the buying club have been encouraged to bid.

FPL Lyric is a West Ham Fan?
Link to the forum please

25 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

FWIW, a well respected ITK on a West Ham forum is saying a deal is close and the fee is agreed.

Can see this happening by the end of the week. If a fee is agreed, it means the player is open to the move and the buying club have been encouraged to bid.

got a link mate?

seems a few "spam forums", and they all look a bit of a mess....

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Please tell me the MLS lad isn’t the immediate replacement for Danny Ings.

Why ? Ings has been Ings, a back up for numerous managers as his career has progressed (or not) he scores now and again and offers little else. The MLS  lad has a name dont know why you chose to not use it and the people in positions of power at our club  believe he is worth the money to sign him so why the negativity? Please don’t quote the usual Villa response, Young , unproven etc. Stating the obvious, why not take a positive approach (risk) and get behind him who knows he might be better than Danny Ings. If not you can come on here and say ‘ told you so’ 

5 minutes ago, smg said:

scores now and again and offers little else

Love how being able to score a goal is being devalued here. 

I did highlight the league Duran plays in because it is hugely relevant. We know Ings can score a goal in the prem. we have no idea what this kid can do. Hopefully he’ll be great and I will take absolutely no satisfaction if he is rubbish.

I support the club and all its players  but I don’t have blind faith in its decision making. 

19 minutes ago, picicata said:

I'm fine with us selling Ings as long as we have a deal in place to bring in a younger forward of better quality otherwise we are just leaving ourselves stupidly short upfront 

I don't think we will sell Ings unless we've a replacement lined up, and I mean an established striker.  We're going to have to be spending whatever fee we get for him plus another £10-£15m on top. 

• Like 1

I fear for our striker situation if he goes but any amount of money over 15m should be snapped up.

It’s a stalemate/win for someone. He doesn’t fit into Emery’s XI and in the future but he’s our only other striker and can still put the ball in the back of the net. 

Tricky risk and gamble for management. 

Hope we keep Ings till summer personally. He is a known quantity and can score steady number of goals in this league, which is far from a certainty for any potential replacements (Samatta says hi). But Easy for me to say that when it isn’t my money being spent on his big wages and the loss in transfer fee of we keep hold of him. Ultimately I trust Emery to make the right decision.

59 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm an Ings fan. But given his age, his wages and the desperation of teams to survive in this league, we'd be daft to turn down a good offer. 

Basically where I’m at. Now or never for a decent fee and to get his massive wages off the books. 

Â