Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 22/11/2023 at 23:46, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

To be fair, he’s sounded pretty happy in interviews of late. And he’s actually playing well when he does play. Last season id have said he’d go and we wouldn’t put much fight up, but not so sure now.

He’s found his stride under Emery.

Knows what it is that he is being asked to do and he is doing it effectively…

Long may it continue

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

He’s found his stride under Emery.

Knows what it is that he is being asked to do and he is doing it effectively…

Long may it continue

In multiple interviews he's said " The Manager makes us all feel important even if we aren't starting " etc.

Don't think he's thick. However, his bargaining position may have strengthened a little.

If he continues in this vein it will be more significant come end of season.

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In multiple interviews he's said " The Manager makes us all feel important even if we aren't starting " etc.

Don't think he's thick. However, his bargaining position may have strengthened a little.

If he continues in this vein it will be more significant come end of season.

Me neither.

He comes across as articulate and savvy in interviews.

Have heard and read people say he is approachable and seems to be a good guy in person too.

That Craig Butler (is it his agent? Dad? Stepdad? - something like that) seems to be a bit of a loose cannon/knob though

3 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

That Craig Butler (is it his agent? Dad? Stepdad? - something like that) seems to be a bit of a loose cannon/knob though

Can't wait for the YouTube Clip

" Now look at Leon's numbers... And look at Jude Bellingham, Mbappe and Julian Alvarez numbers... Mark my words... Leon Bailey will be the best player in the world in 2024... Would you insult the best player in the world by only offering them 150,000 pounds per week?

This relationship has now been dismantled by the disrespect of Aston Villa, we will go where we are valued "

Not done enough to warrant a new improved deal until recently and that is still arguable, he's entering the stags now where we either sell him or he has us over a barrel regards to pushing for a big wage rise vs leaving on a free transfer.

It's an tough one. I'd give him a deal that matches his current one for another two years take it or find him a new club in the summer.

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not done enough to warrant a new improved deal until recently and that is still arguable, he's entering the stags now where we either sell him or he has us over a barrel regards to pushing for a big wage rise vs leaving on a free transfer.

It's an tough one. I'd give him a deal that matches his current one for another two years take it or find him a new club in the summer.

He was bought as one third of Jack's replacement. He's now an impact sub.

There is very little chance he gets a higher salary now than he got then. From anybody.

6 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Craig Butler adopted Bailey so would be adoptive parent, or just Dad. He’s definitely not his step-dad despite 95% of people saying that. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can't wait for the YouTube Clip

" Now look at Leon's numbers... And look at Jude Bellingham, Mbappe and Julian Alvarez numbers... Mark my words... Leon Bailey will be the best player in the world in 2024... Would you insult the best player in the world by only offering them 150,000 pounds per week?

This relationship has now been dismantled by the disrespect of Aston Villa, we will go where we are valued "

Sorry I’m late to this party - this is a joke isn’t it? - apologies if I have missed something ?

55 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a tough one. I'd give him a deal that matches his current one for another two years take it or find him a new club in the summer.

Absolutely - look he has done much better this season - but frankly he has been very poor overall since he joined us.

From what I can see - he seems a guy with a lot of common sense - so I wouldn’t expect him to be looking to hold the club to ransom, but if so - frankly he can do one 

59 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a tough one. I'd give him a deal that matches his current one for another two years take it or find him a new club in the summer.

I have a feeling Monchi and Emery will want someone better and/or more consistent. 

54 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

He was bought as one third of Jack's replacement. He's now an impact sub.

There is very little chance he gets a higher salary now than he got then. From anybody.

New TV rights kick in in 18 months. Every time that has happened, every club earns millions more - and that basically all goes on higher wages. So I’d assume the average player who signs a contract 18 months from now will get a higher wage than they are on now, even if their stock has fallen at the current time. To put another way - even if he moved on to a Fulham or Forest or whoever, in 18 months they’d be able to pay him more than we can now (assuming they are in the PL) - and we will hopefully be in a higher bracket again…

(None of that a comment on his performance or what I think will happen with him, just his salary prospects will only improve)

Very impressed by him today, a good sign that he performed so well against top quality opposition. Contributed to us turning the game. He plays with more calmness and is more measured than before, some really good passing and footwork and looked like threat. Him and Tielemans coming on in the second half was a very good move by Emery (though I didn't understand why he played Cash from the start), with Tielemans we regained more control in the middle with his passing and possessions play and with Baily we became a threat up on the right hand side, we looked more balanced and created more.

• Like 1

Total enigma.

A puzzle that Unai Emery seems to have figured out.

Some mysterious falling over, very nearly another goal, lots of good play, and another good performance off the bench. 

Normally I'd say he's into the team, but no! Please! Keep him on the bench. He's a different man coming on as a sub.

Â