Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, DeepDish said:

He started bad, but after that assist, he becace a different player. Seems a confidence issue which i think will solve itself.

He started great what the **** are you talking about. Like he made one mistake and everyone was on his back. The other was him trying to cut it back to diaby to step onto but diaby was wrong foot forward initially. 

• Like 1

Truth is Bailey can dominate lower teams and if teams sit back at home, he can turn and get into his stride. 

It’s when we’re under the kosh and you’re asking him to hold up the ball or win these shoulder duels. 

He should be a rotational player depending on the opponent as he’s shown that if the opponents let him turn, then he can get going. 

Such a confidence player. Never quite seen someone affected like he is. It almost seems to even affect his balance. 

I have a feeling he knew he'd done well against Everton before and that gave him the ammunition to feel confident today. 

Hopefully he can use it as a boost for other games coming up. 

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Leon with all the swag today. What a performance! Hope he's not injuried please, we can't be this cursed..?

Saw him limping slightly by the tunnel after the game. Hopefully just a bit sore.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He started great what the **** are you talking about. Like he made one mistake and everyone was on his back. The other was him trying to cut it back to diaby to step onto but diaby was wrong foot forward initially. 

I have to admit I have a bias, as I am sick of the criticism he is getting here. So I always looking for the positives. But even with my positive bias, I though he started poorly. I'll accept that others see things differently. Maybe because I like him so much, that I expect more from him.

Just now, DJBOB said:

Truth is Bailey can dominate lower teams and if teams sit back at home, he can turn and get into his stride. 

It’s when we’re under the kosh and you’re asking him to hold up the ball or win these shoulder duels. 

He should be a rotational player depending on the opponent as he’s shown that if the opponents let him turn, then he can get going. 

he needs a player to go with him who can interchange/pass with and that player could well be Diaby who he did this well with in Germany

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Saw him limping slightly by the tunnel after the game. Hopefully just a bit sore.

could be a stubbed toe maybe. I'm hoping for the best, we sure af need it.

• Like 1

It's a shame his home performances aren't replicated when he plays in away games. I don't think he has ever got a goal or an assist away from home for us although I may be wrong on that. Really weird and I hope he can change that. 

He's clearly not suited for build up play but when we get him in a dangerous position he has the quality to do some damage. Still an important squad player moving forward. 

Just now, Leeroy said:

It's a shame his home performances aren't replicated when he plays in away games. I don't think he has ever got a goal or an assist away from home for us although I may be wrong on that. Really weird and I hope he can change that. 

He's clearly not suited for build up play but when we get him in a dangerous position he has the quality to do some damage. Still an important squad player moving forward. 

Like his assist today?

Â