Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

The issue with Bailey is he won’t ever be at his best playing on the right side. He should play on the left side, wether as a winger or as a second striker. Wether that would be tactically possible or not having Moreno/Digne I’m not sure. Traore best position is on the right though.

• Like 3

Surprised it took this long to come out in the papers. I heard about his antics last year from a guy I know. A pal of his witnessed a party where there was loads of that stuff  brought by Bailey. 

Not my kind of thing so have no idea if or how that would affect his performance on the pitch. 

Personally, I think he's a flash-in-the-pan kind of player. One minute he looks amazing and the next 89 he looks disinterested, lazy and out of his depth. Perfect example was that game where he ran through and screwed it up by falling over shortly to be followed by bringing a ball out of the air, that wascoming over his shoulder and heading out of play, before going on a great run. 

He shows flashes of brilliance but flatters to deceive. Two seasons now. I want him to do well consistently but I don't think he has it in him. I'd rather see big Jhon or Bertie given a chance. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Only thing I really care about is selling him in the Summer and I worry these antics won’t help that. Shame. 

What antics? He has done nothing illegal

Its hardly breaking lockdown regulations to go partying

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Regardless, it don’t look great does it? 

Either way. He’s rubbish, so want him gone. Tried to like him/rate him, but he’s a waste of a squad number. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But he is a footballer who isn't in good form for the club despite clearly trying his best and visibly emotional when he feels he's let us fans down.

Surely he should be attacked constantly online for this. 

• Like 3

poor output, can't beat his man....doesn't do what it says on the tin.

We will take a big hit, when we sell.

"Well ain't that a shame, Leon Bailey, will you please come home"

Edited by TRO

32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

But he is a footballer who isn't in good form for the club despite clearly trying his best and visibly emotional when he feels he's let us fans down.

Surely he should be attacked constantly online for this. 

Yes let’s concentrate on the negatives and ignore things like this. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

WTF, talk about a nothing burger!

Yes he’s playing poorly, we’ve not seen him earn his fee and I think he should be benched but this story is just stupid. Trying to get people outraged over this is just poor journalism.

• Like 4

At the end of the day he is judged on his on field performances. We paid a lot for a player who has not performed to the required level, I am certain he is one of the players who are playing for their future at Aston Villa. It's over to you Leon.

The way The Sun try and give the impression that footballers inhaling laughing gas is akin to snorting coke or something is just ridiculous. Laughing gas is a complete non issue. I mean I get that it's not a good look and someone like Bailey should know better than to record it, but it really is a complete non story. 

• Like 4

I would imagine, he is really peed off with his form.....he doesn't need us to add to it.

Piling in on the boy, won't make him better.

He has to find a way to play for Aston Villa with effect......it's as simple as that. If he can't, he won't last.

I was in the middle of writing something about all the people obsessed with hating villa players before I realised there is no point. They obviously prefer whining about villa players far more than actually supporting the club as it is ALL they ever do! What kind of person would spend all their time doing the opposite of supporting their team unless they enjoyed it?

Pointing out your opinion of a players performance is fine. We all have our favourites and as Villa fans, we are all familiar with disappointment. But these people NEVER SHUT UP about it. It's pure hate for people who they should be supporting. Claiming they are not good enough. Well the club obviously thought they were or they wouldn't have spent millions of pounds on them.

I realise I have now done the opposite of what I said at the start but I'll end with a simple request. Before you write your next mini hate speech about a villa player, just think, why am I writing this? Who cares? Does it help anyone or just hurt someone? Is this an act of SUPPORT or act of anger?

• Like 3

As long as he got enough rest and rehabilitation after the game and was in peak condition for practice it's not a huge issue even thou I personally detest players partying during season.

Thing is thou I'm pretty sure you won't be in peak conditioning if you stay up partying. Doubt this was a one off.  Really hope he doesn't start, but then again I felt the same about that before this crap.

39 minutes ago, sne said:

As long as he got enough rest and rehabilitation after the game and was in peak condition for practice it's not a huge issue even thou I personally detest players partying during season.

Thing is thou I'm pretty sure you won't be in peak conditioning if you stay up partying. Doubt this was a one off.  Really hope he doesn't start, but then again I felt the same about that before this crap.

It was straight after the Everton game so he probably had the Sunday off

Â