Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Would probably have got the winner if not for a great save from Ramsdale - it would have changed the entire complexion of the game. 

He was frustrating when he came on and was a mixed bag. He's got work to do still but there's clearly a player in there. 

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Do people watch matches with shit in their eyes? He played well when he came on.

They do, big smelly flecks of faeces. Everything gets based on the one thing they remember drunk and whatever they already thought about the player

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One minute he's astonishing in his brilliance and the next minute he's astonishing in his absolute shitness. 

Those saying he played well are correct. 

Those saying he was bad are correct. 

On balance I think Bertie is slightly more consistent with the good play but it's a wafer thin difference. 

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Do people watch matches with shit in their eyes? He played well when he came on.

It's why sometimes I say... I'm convinced people just decide who is shite and then stick with it regardless.

Especially when we lose... If we won the match they probably wouldn't even remember.

He was ok... Looked purposeful when he came on, and almost scored a scorcher... did some good things... and also managed to undo some of the the good things he did, but nothing deserving of the usual hyperbole.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's why sometimes I say... I'm convinced people just decide who is shite and then stick with it regardless.

Especially when we lose... If we won the match they probably wouldn't even remember.

He was ok... Looked purposeful when he came on, and almost scored a scorcher... did some good things... and also managed to undo some of the the good things he did, but nothing deserving of the usual hyperbole.

The reaction on here would be completely different if that shot had gone in, which it very, very nearly did.

Bailey is a very frustrating player, but he's dangerous. I imagine Emery looks at him and thinks, if only I could get him to use those skills effectively, he would be one of my key players.

I think top coaches would rather have a raw player who has those attributes and can be coached into something special, than a workhorse who has already hit his ceiling.

Whether we'll see that at Villa, I'm not sure. He seems a bit too head down and off-the-cuff to ever succeed here tbh, but give him credit where it's due, he's a genuine goal threat against any defence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

The reaction on here would be completely different if that shot had gone in, which it very, very nearly did.

Bailey is a very frustrating player, but he's dangerous. I imagine Emery looks at him and thinks, if only I could get him to use those skills effectively, he would be one of my key players.

I think top coaches would rather have a raw player who has those attributes and can be coached into something special, than a workhorse who has already hit his ceiling.

Whether we'll see that at Villa, I'm not sure. He seems a bit too head down and off-the-cuff to ever succeed here tbh, but give him credit where it's due, he's a genuine goal threat against any defence.

Out of likes but mostly agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know what he’s done to deserve so much hate , yes he can be inconsistent but there are players equally as inconsistent that people here never talk about. If Bailey hadn’t featured at all today I bet his thread would be hot and probably all his fault.

• Like 1

Consistency is the key to perception. For instance, when Kamara loses the ball we just kind of accept it because it happens rarely and we understand these things happen. 

When a player is out of form it’s hard because every mistake kind of has fans thinking ‘ffs him again’  Bailey is really struggling atm and I’m not sure he’s going to turn it around. 

14 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

He was crap. That one shot was good but apart from that he was wasteful and indecisive. 

15 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

No but will give it a go? Does it have to be your own or anybody’s?

• Haha 2

I think he benefitted from us changing our style of play when he came on meaning that after a lull attacking period we went after them a bit more, we attacked more as a team with him on

That doesn't mean individually he was great, stevo is right, I'd use the word indecisive, cut back too often, had that great shot but has to do more on the chance vs Gabriel when he lined it up on his left but want to cut on to his right and lost the ball and that snapshot is the story of him in general

We need proper wingers as it will give us better shape and just a better all round attack but Bailey isn't the answer, hopefully he's a squad player after the summer

Edited by villa4europe

Â