Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A lesson in our transfer policy.

If you sell a superstar who plays a particular position, you know what your team is then missing? a superstar who plays that position.

Not three average players who don't play that position

So so true.

You know, we haven’t actually signed a player that plays in Grealish’s position since he left. I wonder when we’re going to replace him. 

1 minute ago, supermon said:

I dunno, I think there's a good player there. Wouldn't drop him just yet or want him shipped off. He'll come good, have hope.

He's been here long enough to show what level he's at and it's not premier league level. Nowhere near. He's not going to improve. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

But it’s convincing that superstar that Aston Villa is the destination for him (after selling the last superstar to Man City).

And then it’s hoping that said superstar works out for us and/or doesn’t play Ben Mee. 

Of course. I'm not saying it's easy. But spreading the money around doesn't really work. You need to replace quality with quality

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Of course. I'm not saying it's easy. But spreading the money around doesn't really work. You need to replace quality with quality

The general consensus when we signed him was that we'd done well to get him. Of course it hasn't worked out, but not all of them do. 

• Like 1

Shooting was atrocious today. Really needs dropping for a bit, he’s not offering anything at the minute.

I wouldn’t be opposed to Ramsey taking his place. He can play between forward and midfield, and we know he can finish.

• Like 1

He was dire tonight. Couldn't control the ball, couldn't create anything, struggled to beat a League 2 fullback, and his shooting was appalling.

He has the tools to be a good winger, but he can't use them, and his confidence is bollocksed. Needs to head to a weaker league.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So so true.

You know, we haven’t actually signed a player that plays in Grealish’s position since he left. I wonder when we’re going to replace him. 

I think we retired the shirt didn't we?

10 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Good Bye, Times up i'm afraid for me regards Bailey. You can add Buendia to that list too along with a few others..

Agrees. Neither are good enough for a top team. We won’t get to where we want to with players of this level. Mid to lower league table players, we needed better to replace Grealish. We should have spent big on one decent player, rather than waste the fee we received on inconsistent performers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Weak.

Poor touch.

Loves blind alleys.

No end product.

Selfish.

Unfortunately this is all spot on. I think I've seen him have one, maybe two good games on the left. Don't think I've ever seen him have one on the right? His lack of intelligence and awareness is so poor at times. You put it down to lacking sharpness/confidence, but when it keeps continuing, I just don't think he's a very clever footballer.

I’m finally at the realisation that we’re not going to get the guy who I used to watch tear it up for Bayer Leverkusen. He may show the odd glimpse, but he’s just not suited to PL football imo. I’ve run out of excuses for why he isn’t performing, his position has no bearing over him not being able to beat his man, being slow and not being able to shoot straight.
I’m gutted as I was over the moon when we signed him, but some deals just don’t work out. If he doesn’t move on this month, I’m pretty sure he will be gone in the summer.

• Like 1

Â