Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

He got 1 goal and 2 assist last season.

He was bought to be 'the guy' and has been hugely disappointing. Injuries haven't help but he's generally looked slow, unfit, sloppy and disinterested.

Seems like a nice enough chap, and hopefully the Brentford game is a sign of the future but I dont hold he will go on to be sensational. If he can get 7/7 goal contributions in a season I'd be delighted.

Edited by rodders0223

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Just seen Jamaica have a friendly in Cameroon on Wednesday evening that would rule him out of the Utd Cup game. 

Wonder if he's going?

Not an international window so cant be released

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

‘Quality attacking performances’. 

He played well on a handful of occasions and was downright dreadful plenty of times. His performance at Brentford last year was abysmal.

The only thing I would say is Buendia and Bailey haven’t exactly been much better. 

We’ve been awful at signing wide players for ages. £17m on Traore was particularly bad, given Lyon couldn’t wait to get rid of him. 

Ah yes the famous Lyon fans wanted him gone the ones that rated Remi Garde, just like when the Juventus fans said Bentancur was shit you were complaining when we were linked 😂

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ah yes the famous Lyon fans wanted him gone the ones that rated Remi Garde, just like when the Juventus fans said Bentancur was shit you were complaining when we were linked 😂

Bentancur is Spurs POTS right now. Not sure how that is possible, must be a conspiracy against Juventus fans.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

The Lyon fans were right though about Traore. Got to give them credit there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

From their description it didn't sound like he would be capable of 15 PL goal contributions. Doesn't mean he's amazing but they were wrong, it's cool.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'll continue to contest this. That was villalads interpretation of what "the Lyon fans" thought about him, referring to one or two. At the time I scoured through quite many Lyon forums and the picture was certainly more nuanced and many loved him.

From reading this thread it would be quite difficult to give an unambiguous oneliner of "what the Villa fans" think about Traore.

On top of that he is a bit of an enigma that divides opinion. 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â