Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 18/08/2022 at 11:37, trillvillan said:

For a second I thought they were referring to him playing left back "LB". Its been a long day - but it got me thinking, I wonder if he would be a better wingback then winger 🤔

ala charles nzogbia,lololol

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

Wonder what he thinks of another right winger coming in? 
Dressing room must be terrible place right now

It would be nice to think he wants to fight to keep his place,but hes more likely thinking oh well why bother. Their all mentally soft and weak.

I’m not a massive fan of Bailey but I’m convinced he’s being used incorrectly. He almost can only play as a right winger. Somebody who hugs the touchline and wants to run at his man. I think we’ll see more from him if he plays in that position.

As a no.10, I think he’s pretty poor tbh. 

So far, it’s been a poor signing.

3 hours ago, May-Z said:

Sound alike he had a better game today. 

The header for the assist for Watkins was a great touch. 

I haven't seen the chance where he hit the bar but he is sounding all the more dangerous this season. 

How was his overall game?

The header for Watkins goal was brilliant and the shot that hit the bar was great too. 

Apart from that his overall game was pretty poor, getting dispossessed and failing to get past opponents. Still looks a bit lightweight.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not a massive fan of Bailey but I’m convinced he’s being used incorrectly. He almost can only play as a right winger. Somebody who hugs the touchline and wants to run at his man. I think we’ll see more from him if he plays in that position.

You would think sprinting along the touchline was his thing, but he doesn’t really show any signs of wanting to do that. To me his strength seems more to be shooting from distance.

About Sarr coming in as another RW, at least their best foot isn’t the same (Sarr right-footed) so Sarr and Bailey could theoretically play either as traditional wingers or inverted.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

7 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Not surprising the one time he got some width and went 1v1 vs a defender he cracks one off the bar. 

He desperately needs width to operate but has to share the wide areas with Cash. For large sections of the first half he was tucking inside only a couple yards from Watkins. Pretty much making decoy runs so Cash could get wide open and spray an aimless cross into the box. 

And assault the full back’s shins. Cash’s quality on the ball is not that good.

12 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

I see now that Bertrand has gone you have zeroed in on your new target.  Bagged an assist and cracked the crossbar completely off his skill alone.  Did more than anyone else on the pitch from an attacking perspective. Steven  playing him as a CF which also does him zero favors.

If Steven got Eze he would look just as bad. Probably have him at FB or somewhere else dumb. 

Just because I didn’t rate Traore, who you may have noticed has been loaned to a random club nobody has ever heard of, it doesn’t mean I should rate Bailey. 

Bailey has been a poor signing. He may turn it around, he may not, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking it has worked out yet because it hasn’t. The only difference between him and Traore is that Bailey is hampered by a god awful system. In that regard, I feel for him. He’s not a no.10 and never will be. 

Will find himself on the bench again I imagine next week. 

Edited by Delphinho123

He's asked to play Central where there is no space for him to exploit with his pace and dribbling. He also starts one game, then dropped, then back in. That's not how someone who basically missed a whole season of football is going to get up to speed. 

Nearly scored a wonder goal. 

Get him out wide with a similar player on the other side. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's asked to play Central where there is no space for him to exploit with his pace and dribbling. He also starts one game, then dropped, then back in. That's not how someone who basically missed a whole season of football is going to get up to speed. 

Nearly scored a wonder goal. 

Get him out wide with a similar player on the other side. 

Agreed. If we bring in Sarr, maybe have him one side and Bailey the other. 

Problem is, we both know we don’t play that system. 

Whole thing is a mess. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bailey would be a great outlet against teams playing a high line, but no one's going to do that when half our team are camped and congested in the opponents half, leaving a huge gap behind them.

If we can create from deeper areas, then players like Ramsey and Bailey could be more effective when running at defenders, or into space.

Edited by StanBalaban

Wow leons getting a rough ride. Guy ost scored one of the goals of the seasons and gets a assist.  He did well but struggled because of the shite tactics by gerrard.  Needs to be adopted as a **** winger ffs. He is deadly with space

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just because I didn’t rate Traore, who you may have noticed has been loaned to a random club nobody has ever heard of, it doesn’t mean I should rate Bailey. 

Bailey has been a poor signing. He may turn it around, he may not, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking it has worked out yet because it hasn’t. The only difference between him and Traore is that Bailey is hampered by a god awful system. In that regard, I feel for him. He’s not a no.10 and never will be. 

Will find himself on the bench again I imagine next week. 

Him being on the bench has very little to do with his actual performance. Steven seems to be chopping and changing his front 3 almost at random now. Probably in a state of panic he is going to go back to Watkins/Ings with Coutinho supporting but honestly at this state who has any clue. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, messi11 said:

Wonder what he thinks of another right winger coming in? 
Dressing room must be terrible place right now

Sarr is a right footer. Both can play of either side. And given their penchant for powerful shots it makes sense for bailey to be RW and Sarr LW. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Sarr is a right footer. Both can play of either side. And given their penchant for powerful shots it makes sense for bailey to be RW and Sarr LW. 

They can switch sides mid game. We need to stop with the ultra attacking fullbacks and 8s covering them

Â