Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

22 hours ago, duke313 said:

If he stays fit, and plays like he's been playing in pre-season, he'll be player of the season for sure.

It would be great if he carried on like he has in preseason and we still couldn’t chose between him and a few more as to who’s player of the season. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Sadly looks like Traoré is in a bomb squad,  according to Preece. He's been told to train with the u21s. He didn't show much pre season and my (largely uneducated) guess is something's gone on behind the scenes.

You are right about the potential blessing in disguise for us though. 

Is well documented Smith was against the plan for 5 subs but not sure i ever saw a quote from Gerrard on his view on it. But the likes of Sanson, Bailey/Buendia, Archer, and whichever of Ings/Watkins we don't start will all benefit from it.

Whilst villa will see some benefit, sadly the big 6 are always going to benefit more.

McAllister said we were for the 5 subs in the last vote which was about the 10th attempt at Sky 6 manipulation to pass it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

McAllister said we were for the 5 subs in the last vote which was about the 10th attempt at Sky 6 manipulation to pass it

Yes, I think it's a tactical boo boo. Makes beating the Top 6 even less likely for everyone and anyone. 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd just read that on the site and was about to post it so you beat me to it :P It was a decent, wide-ranging interview i thought with plenty of off the pitch topics covered. Seems like he had a hard time of it when younger and he has motivation to succeed which a lot of young pampered PL lack these days. I was concerned that he said he hopes to play in the same team as Sterling one day, unless that means Sterling moves to Villa rather than Bailey to Chelsea lol

• Like 1

I'll be so pleased if Villa get to see Bailey playing well for a consistent period. Tomorrow until the World Cup break would be a great start.

I'm dreading seeing him stop sprinting whilst grabbing his hamstring.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, brommy said:

I'll be so pleased if Villa get to see Bailey playing well for a consistent period. Tomorrow until the World Cup break would be a great start.

I'm dreading seeing him stop sprinting whilst grabbing his hamstring.

That sprint back to overhaul a break away against Man City when he pulled up with a hamstring injury was absolutely blinding. It looked like the Man City player was going backwards. He could have medalled in the 100 metres commonwealth games final with that pace.

If he can avoid injury he can be electric this season.

• Like 1

Good luck to the boy this season, for staying fit, injury-free and above all else, for us seeing the skill we all know is there. We all saw highlight reels of what he did when at Leverkusen, he is absolute top draw.... Last season I really felt for him, fingers crossed we see some of that Bailey brilliance this season because this kid has the kind of effectiveness and trickery that could rip a hole in the space-time continuum thingy at times. Defenders are going to get that sinking feeling when they get told the dreaded words..."you're marking Bailey today." 

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

I didn’t see the game. How did Leon play?

Excellent first half. We didn't find him at all in the 2nd. My only criticism is he never tried to get to the byline to cut the ball back and across the face of goal. That's the most dangerous ball from open play but we never play it. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Excellent first half. We didn't find him at all in the 2nd. My only criticism is he never tried to get to the byline to cut the ball back and across the face of goal. That's the most dangerous ball from open play but we never play it. 

Good to hear that there were at least some positives. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

On the periphery I thought. Can't be dropping him though, needs a run of 4-5 starts.

They need to get the ball to him quicker also.

With ponderous play, by the time we've gotten it to him you've nullified half his best attributes.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They need to get the ball to him quicker also.

With ponderous play, by the time we've gotten it to him you've nullified half his best attributes.

There was one occasion second half where Kamara quickly played it through and he sort of stumbled over a challenge and then pass to Ings got blocked. I agree we need to get ball more quickly out wide but can't do much for Gerrard tactics sometimes.

Oh to have a Barry in the centre, would spray perfect crossfield balls constantly to Young in his first spell here.

Â