Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Inner circle - close family and friends?

Beast him - make him big and strong for his first day back at pre-season?

It was more the "wanted to beast him". Just a weird expression. 

Such a weird one with him last season, players can struggle to settle/adapt and that's just a risk you have to take, but he looked physically shot at times. One thing that was undeniable about him previously was that he was absolutely rapid, but by the time he came back from injury in his fleeting appearances he looked like he was running through treacle. 

Hopefully a full and more settled pre-season will make a huge difference for him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Such a weird one with him last season, players can struggle to settle/adapt and that's just a risk you have to take, but he looked physically shot at times. One thing that was undeniable about him previously was that he was absolutely rapid, but by the time he came back from injury in his fleeting appearances he looked like he was running through treacle. 

Hopefully a full and more settled pre-season will make a huge difference for him.

I'm praying that he was still worried about re-triggering the injury that he'd just had.  Combined with a lack of match fitness, and general poor form/lack of confidence in beating his man.

All of this is possible,  and if he gets his confidence back,  I'm sure the muscle fibres are still there that will allow him to get close to his fastest. A series of games where the injury doesn't recur and confidence gets restored and we should find out 🤞

1 hour ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

So is changing your username on here possible, or am I just going to have to hope that Leon lights it up in 22-23?  

Tbf you’re doomed even if he just changes his shirt number. You need to hope that he becomes a legend and remains number 31 all his life. 

Thoughts and prayers.

Spoons are timeless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

So is changing your username on here possible, or am I just going to have to hope that Leon lights it up in 22-23?  

well.....

he could still be a legend.

Just maybe not the type of legend you intended.......

:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

To be fair Rashica looked proper rapid in Germany  but in the Prem not so much  . I have faith that we will see a far better player this season. If him Ings and Buendia all play to their potential we will be in for a fun season. 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

To be fair Rashica looked proper rapid in Germany  but in the Prem not so much.

Similar story, though. Got a string of injuries within a few months Summer-Fall of '20 (ankle then knee then hamstring), missed a chunk of his last season at WB and never really looked the same.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

It was more the "wanted to beast him". Just a weird expression. 

It’s what the kids are saying these days but the army has been using “beast” as a verb to mean a ridiculously hard workout/punishment since the 1870s - so good timing for Villa’s founding. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

It’s what the kids are saying these days but the army has been using “beast” as a verb to mean a ridiculously hard workout/punishment since the 1870s - so good timing for Villa’s founding. 

To be fair it was a commonly used phrase when I was a teenager in the 90s also.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 22:56, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm gonna try and find out what the actual situation is here, before I use it as just another thing to dislike about him.

Was this in Jamaica or the UK?

If it's Jamaica, for all you know, it could have been him and someone he is familiar with messing about ffs.

The way she jumped in front of the door indicates this.

The other thing I've heard, is that this is when his family had just had a car crash, and the lady was being extra  seeing a " star " while he was just trying to get in!

What's this in relation to? Post a couple above yours wasn't loading.

Â