Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 15/06/2022 at 08:14, The_Rev said:

He’ll still get a shot this season.  I’m not sure Gerrard is looking to build a team around Leon Bailey, but he’s the one bit of blistering pace we have in the squad and there will definitely be games where we need someone who scares opponents with their ability to run in behind. 

Problem so far is.....He needs to show that blistering pace with us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

He really doesn't look to have blistering pace. If that was one of his main assets that is a problem.

We've not seen any sign of that pace for 6 months. I don't know, even accounting for loss of form, belief and injuries, you lose and regain pace.

It's a huge worry because I don't expect him to suddenly be rapid again.

He's lost something.

23 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His reputation wasn't built on YouTube though... just want to point that out.

I know it was a joke. He’s honestly been so disappointing, he’s really fallen off. Don’t really see a way back for him. It’s not just bad form either, our other forwards (Buendia, Coutinho) are light years ahead of him. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I know it was a joke. He’s honestly been so disappointing, he’s really fallen off. Don’t really see a way back for him. It’s not just bad form either, our other forwards (Buendia, Coutinho) are light years ahead of him. 

Oh I agree mate, but will hold out hope and optimism, probably more than most, for obvious reasons. lol

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh I agree mate, but will hold out hope and optimism, probably more than most, for obvious reasons. lol

He’s got potential for sure, the problem is whenever I’ve seen him get into a full sprint his hamstring goes 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He really doesn't look to have blistering pace. If that was one of his main assets that is a problem.

We've not seen any sign of that pace for 6 months. I don't know, even accounting for loss of form, belief and injuries, you lose and regain pace.

He's lost something.

Do you not remember his Usain Bolt impression against Man City in December? The sprint back from their penalty area which pulled his hamstring.

He came past a Man City player like the guy in light blue was going backwards. It was the most impressive bit of sprinting!

I agree that there may be a problem if his top speed strains his hamstrings, but there is absolutely no question that he has" blistering pace" if and when he's fit enough to use it safely.

• Like 3

I'm gonna try and find out what the actual situation is here, before I use it as just another thing to dislike about him.

Was this in Jamaica or the UK?

If it's Jamaica, for all you know, it could have been him and someone he is familiar with messing about ffs.

The way she jumped in front of the door indicates this.

The other thing I've heard, is that this is when his family had just had a car crash, and the lady was being extra  seeing a " star " while he was just trying to get in!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 16/06/2022 at 08:06, rodders0223 said:

He's lost something.

His goal against Everton he was electric. Since that injury though I agree he's seemed to have lost something.

On 16/06/2022 at 14:51, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

where do you think his pace has gone Shaun?

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

His goal against Everton he was electric. Since that injury though I agree he's seemed to have lost something.

I think it's to do with fitness. If people think back to the start of the season, Buendia looked like he was running in sand. I was genuinely shocked how slow his explosive speed was. 

Then 2nd half of the season he's a different player. 

I think Bailey never got the chance to get fully back to full match fitness. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm gonna try and find out what the actual situation is here, before I use it as just another thing to dislike about him.

Was this in Jamaica or the UK?

If it's Jamaica, for all you know, it could have been him and someone he is familiar with messing about ffs.

The way she jumped in front of the door indicates this.

The other thing I've heard, is that this is when his family had just had a car crash, and the lady was being extra  seeing a " star " while he was just trying to get in!

Yeah context would be very important here I feel

Would he be wearing his villa training gear out in Jamaica ?

Â