Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

why do all YT and social media videos always have to have obligatory sh*te music, like this example of a man slowly dying into a shagged harmonica while a beat plays.

That aside I am on the 'must see Bailey start some games' bandwagon.

Fed up of our turgid, narrow, slow attacking play.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

why do all YT and social media videos always have to have obligatory sh*te music, like this example of a man slowly dying into a shagged harmonica while a beat plays.

That aside I am on the 'must see Bailey start some games' bandwagon.

Fed up of our turgid, narrow, slow attacking play.

I dunno man, I couldn't hear a thing, all I could do was see.

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I still stand by my assessment from his time at Leverkusen that he is Tony Daley and Dwight Yorke in one player.

I really want him to succeed at VP.

We all want him too, I just worry that the narrow 10's zealots Gerrard/Beale when we've a squad and team built for wide forwards means he wont. 

I understand they wanted to have their way of playing and source players that fit that approach. I also accept since Gerrard has taken over the formation has meant we're defensively one of the best in the League (top 6 on xG against and goals conceded only just behind Arsenal/Spurs).

We just don't have that attacking patterns yet as we're 6th worst in xG for in the league. So the balance isn't there and adding another forward in place of a 10 would make a difference (like it did on the 4 games prior to Arsenal as we were 5th worse prior to that change).

I think a single 10 operating as a false 9 or behind the front two who operate as inside forwards is the right adaption to make to the system. It gives up a little of the added defensive solidity by having a 5th midfielder but gives us more threat up front especially if Bailey is in the team with his pace. 

I think if Bailey worked on his defensive game he could fit the system well. 

21 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If he had said it, he would have got it wrong three times in one sentence. Bailey isn’t playing much, it’s currently not going that well and he’s not at Leverkusen.

Four times. There is no such club as 'Bayern Leverkusen'. 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He's not. He's just not.

I haven't seen him out pace anyone.

I agree. 

I just remember everyone saying he was absolutely rapid. Something to do with training with Usain Bolt and all that. 

Im just very surprised at how not quick he is.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I agree. 

I just remember everyone saying he was absolutely rapid. Something to do with training with Usain Bolt and all that. 

Im just very surprised at how not quick he is.

I think with all the muscle injuries he's had he's reluctant to go full pelt until he's had a run of 4-5 starts. We also simply don't move the ball that quickly in midfield to get him the ball one v one.

Was in and out today but unlucky in first half as that was excellent save from Sa given it was heading top corner.

I think he will be loaned out next year and we'll be taking a 10m hit on him at least tbh. He's looks a million miles off. I know he has great reputation good stats but this one, like Sanson, just does not seem right or a fit.

We've seen it for many times over the year and this one just doesn't seem a good marriage.

Just now, AVTuco said:

Biggest waste of it. At least Buendia shows some promise and Ings is fine. But Bailey is useless.

I think he's come here for the pay day the PL and to kick on and get a move to a bigger club. It's not going to happen.  He's well off. He'll be back in Germany.

Waitrose Trezeguet for me at the moment. Hope he comes good but he's probably been the worst of our signings and the other two of the three to replace Grealish have hardly set the world alight. 

See how he does next season but right now not good enough/adjusted to this league whichever of the two it is.

Â