Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

LB has the potential to be one of our best players behind Coutinho, and alongside Buendia in terms of being able to create and execute in the final third. I'd say from his time in Germany he's already equal or above anyone we have outside Coutinho for technical ability. He'll get chances no doubt.

I just hope he comes good within our side because his potential is incredibly high.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Lads chill, there was a joke on here a few months ago 😂

I know but the gif  well it’s funny especially for those that don’t know about the joke. And as for that thieving villareport……

• Like 1

7 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I seem to recall it emerged from someone believing that he was out of the squad due to the AFCON in fairness. Who knows, lots has happened since then!

Has the joke maybe alsoinfluenced his chant? (or the chant influenced the joke?)

Its been a while since I've made it Into The Holte yesterday and was a tad surprised when a pretty poor rendition Shakira's Waka Waka was Baileys chant 😂

The song usually ends 'This time for Africa' but changed to 'He comes from Jamaica'

The thing with Bailey is that when he comes on our shape changes a lot. He is hugging the touch line as a starting position, whereas before he comes in our 10s are a lot more infield. It takes a while for the players to get used to the change, and with only coming on for ten minutes, it gives very little room for it make an impact. 
I have to say when he came on yesterday, I was surprised as I’d forgot all about him.

You could tell he's really desperate to make an impact. Too bad a few of the most promising involvements suffered from being a bit too fancy for their own good.

Really looking forward to following his Villa career, hopefully he gets to develop for a while now without any new injuries, so he vcan get out some of his potential. He's such an exhilarating player to watch!

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The thing with Bailey is that when he comes on our shape changes a lot. He is hugging the touch line as a starting position, whereas before he comes in our 10s are a lot more infield. It takes a while for the players to get used to the change, and with only coming on for ten minutes, it gives very little room for it make an impact. 
I have to say when he came on yesterday, I was surprised as I’d forgot all about him.

I think that's often deliberate, I noticed Mcginn telling him to get really wide yesterday as soon as he was on. I think they wanted to stretch Southampton.

• Like 1

On 05/03/2022 at 20:04, Phil Silvers said:

Interesting that he features on this list having hardly had chance to contribute. He's a superstar in the waiting, hope he makes it here.

Until his 3rd injury he'd been on the pitch for half the goals we scored in just under 500 minutes of football. 

Â