Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Leon Bailey has had a pretty stop/start beginning to his Aston Villa career, due to a short pre-season and injury. Let’s not start putting it down to casual/not so casual racist reasons yeah guys?

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Leon Bailey has had a pretty stop/start beginning to his Aston Villa career, due to a short pre-season and injury. Let’s not start putting it down to casual/not so casual racist reasons yeah guys?

Look, it's a well known fact* that Jamaicans sit around smoking weed and drinking rum while listening to Buffalo Soldier on repeat.

*Fact mentioned above is based on stereotypes and vibes.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but he’s only played a few minutes under Gerrard hasn’t he and if I remember correctly he played well against Brighton. 

I think he was involved in the Palace game and got injured 

• Thanks 1

I know to some it won't matter but putting aside his time at Villa this season, he's been a very good player for a long time in Leverkusen and many outside of the club considered us a step down from where he could have potentially gone.

Also I wouldn't consider him injury prone, he's just had a pretty unlucky 6 months. Luckily we're now in a much better position as a club because 2 years ago someone of his quality being ruled out for this length of time would have completely ruined our season and he'd have been starting games before the medical team recommended it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

That escalated quickly 😳

He's hardly figured but in that time he's played well and played poorly on occasions, mirroring the team as a whole. 

He clearly has talent, the test is whether he is intelligent enough take on board his role in the team. I would guess he is, or he will start to look pretty silly pretty quickly if Buendia, Watkins/Ings, Coutinho, McGinn and Ramsey are standing around with their hands on their hips while he runs around beating his man several times, runs into dead ends and shooting into the stands. 

I think give him until the end of this season before we start to fret.

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Everton were a shambles, missing DCL, Richarlison, and Pickford. Digne headed his corner past Begovic(who is shite, just ask any Bournemouth fan). Then Ings picked him out with miracle ball for 1 on 1 with keeper from distance. It was flat track bully good based on above factors

Is that meant to substantiate that he was garbage? 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm more excited about Leon Bailey's potential than anyone else in the squad. 

I think there's a superstar there.

I would not be so sure, apparently Ings is very excited about Bailey's potential too as he feels that the two of them will work well together and it will help him to push Ollie to the bench :)

Â