Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

You only have to had watched him in the Bundesliga to know that we're lucky to have him. He's going to be inconsistent like pretty much every winger (including Ribéry and Robben), but I'm sure he'll be a great player for us when we give him a proper chance.

Edited by His Name Is Death

5 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

You only have to had watched him in the Bundesliga to know that we're lucky to have him. He's going to be inconsistent like pretty much every winger (including Ribéry and Robben), but I'm sure he'll be a great player for us when we give him a proper chance.

Gerrard don't really use wingers though. 

It's the fullbacks who provides the width in his system. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Mane does okay in a similar system at Liverpool

Mane and Salah are inside forwards. They aren't wingers. That's why they get so many goals. 

Trent and Robertson provides the width 

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Mane and Salah are inside forwards. They aren't wingers. That's why they get so many goals. 

No but the point is despite the width being provided by the wing backs, the tight front three of two wingers and a striker is used by Gerrard.. I just think he is a very talented player who has barely had chance to settle before he was injured so lots yet to show and see. He could still be a big story for us. We are going to need our full 25 player squad over the season.

59 minutes ago, useless said:

Bailey isn't an old fashioned winger that just stays out wide, those kind of wingers barely exist these days, most play more like inside forwards, which is how Bailey plays and as such is perfectly suitable for Gerrard's system. Ryan Kent isn't a no.10, he's a winger and played every game when fit for Rangers when Gerrard was their manager, Bailey is a similar type of player, so no reason why he won't be used often for us in the front three.

So far Gerrard as used, Watkins, Jacob Ramsey, Young, El Ghazi, Trezegue, Chukwuemeka, and Ings as wide forwards/No.10s, pretty confident that if Bailey had have been available he would have been in the team ahead of all of them, not because he's better per se but because he's better suited to that particular role.

Bailey needs space to take advantage of his explosiveness.

A lot of teams in the Bundesliga plays with high lines so he is more suited to play in that league.

I think it's a similar situation to Sancho. I'm not sure they will succeed in this league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Gerrard don't really use wingers though. 

It's the fullbacks who provides the width in his system. 

Doesn’t mean he can’t get in behind the defence as a 10 or even a centre forward, anyway Ryan Kent is more or less a out an out winger did he not use him at Rangers?

Bailey absolutely can play in this system. I have no doubt at all. 

When Coutinho came on he was picking it up deep almost in a mezzala role and driving forward taking folks on. Worked a treat. Bailey can do exactly the same with full backs bombing on to provide width. 100%.

If anything I worry about how Traore fits in this system.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

Gerrard rates him as well, similarly to how he always indicated he rated Buendia.

I'm just wishing on the stars that he can stay fit, the potential here is immense.

Imagine him bolting on to the end of Buendias incisions of opposition defenses!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Surely you could accept though that their attributes are somewhat similar and therefore Bailey should be able to adapt fairly seemlessly?

Gerrard also wants our fullbacks to provide the width.

We actually have better options than urd to come off the bench with a fully fit squad 

Imagine bailey, traore and ings coming on as subs.  Hell even targett and young. 

Its just a massive shame we have not at any point this season had a full strength  team to play 

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

We wasted a lot of the grealish money in the summer. Out of the 3 so far only one has been a partial success.

Just out of interest, what inspired you to choose your username? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

We shouldn’t rush him back… 

Yeah for all people moaning about his injuries, he is out because we rushed him back from his single injury too soon. 

• Like 1

Â