Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

19 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Portugal left £100m Joao Felix and Bruno on the bench though. Grealish is nothing like Ronaldo, completely different players (and Ronaldo has 5 Balon d'Or fgs).

Looks like Southgate is going to play Sterling, Mount and Foden. I personally don't think Grealish did enough vs. Czech Republic to convince Southgate to play him CAM. He didn't press well and he looked leggy imo. Grealish is a LW at the top level. Yes, I think he should start ahead of Sterling, Jack's a fantastic LW - but on the other hand, that German channel is ripe to be exposed by real place. Mbappe tore them to shreds. Hummels and Ginter run in treacle and Kimmich is a great player, but also not the quickest. 

Starting DCL over Kane is just a madness. So reactionary. Dread to think what DCL would have contributed with the service Kane has had so far.

Not saying Grealish is like Ronaldo, just highlighting that you wouldn’t leave your BEST player out the side.

20 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Portugal left £100m Joao Felix and Bruno on the bench though. Grealish is nothing like Ronaldo, completely different players (and Ronaldo has 5 Balon d'Or fgs).

Looks like Southgate is going to play Sterling, Mount and Foden. I personally don't think Grealish did enough vs. Czech Republic to convince Southgate to play him CAM. He didn't press well and he looked leggy imo. Grealish is a LW at the top level. Yes, I think he should start ahead of Sterling, Jack's a fantastic LW - but on the other hand, that German channel is ripe to be exposed by real place. Mbappe tore them to shreds. Hummels and Ginter run in treacle and Kimmich is a great player, but also not the quickest. 

Starting DCL over Kane is just a madness. So reactionary. Dread to think what DCL would have contributed with the service Kane has had so far.

Probably a goal as he wouldn’t be dropping so deep.

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Not saying Grealish is like Ronaldo, just highlighting that you wouldn’t leave your BEST player out the side.

Kane is England's best player, despite his form in the group stages

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah text the same thing to my mates last night

"Ronaldo just hit the wall with a free kick and everybody seems surprised for some reason"

Commentator did say at the time that he doesn’t score as many as his profile would suggest, or words to the same effect “he takes them all but rarely scores”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Dries Mertens the all time top scorer at Napoli ahead of Maradona and they brought on Carrasco who won the league this season. Arguably better options than set piece Bruno

Mertens is 34, yet Portugal brought on André Silva who scored more league goals than Haaland last season, Bruno Fernandez one of the best players in the Premier League last season plus Felix cost Atletico £113 million. That is some bench. Its a myth that Belgium have so much talent. They have about 2 or 3 world class players plus some very good ones. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You really think that? I wouldn't even have him in top 5.

Yes. Quite comfortably to be honest.

The guy has scored 20 goals a season for the last 7 seasons. In fact in 4 of them he scored 30 or 40.

On form he's one of the best strikers in the world.

Unfortunately for whatever reason he's not doing it this tournament so far. But he's our best player. I'd be interested to see what 5 you'd have above him

Ian Wright doing his homework showing off his knowledge about Pedri, a prodigious talent straight off of the Barcelona production line.

I wonder if anyone will tell him that Barcelona actually signed him last summer from Las Palmas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Seriously. What is the anti Kane bias. It's absolutely ridiculous at this point. Look at his numbers.

He is either the best striker in the world or he is level with Lewandowski.

It is truly bizarre at this point.

He's a good bit behind Lewandowski, a pretty massive way behind in my mind. Man can't run 

Â