Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Just now, Davkaus said:

My first time ever trying this!

Y09hRZD.png

Welcome :D  I see you've gone 'big at the back' which is a perfectly reasonable tactic. Putting money into a top defence if the clean sheets are arriving has been a very effective way to accumulate the points in the past.  And beware of people essentially trying to make your team look like theirs when giving you advice.  The only thing I would say, and we've said it in here in the past to new players, is you don't want too much money tied up in your substitute goalkeeper. In reality you probably won't alternate Martinez that often, and in the many weeks where you don't, you would probably rather Schmeichel's extra 1 million distributed somewhere else in your squad.  Apart from that I think you're good. It just boils down to opinions on players, which is why we play the game in the first place :thumb:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

My latest draft, although I can see this changing throughout the day. Feeling the need to get Lukaku in somehow now. 

E75E0915-5794-41DC-87D2-BBD5ECCB5E12.jpeg

I’ve swapped Watkins for Ings, seeing as Watkins is a doubt. I expect he’ll start and score with Ings getting 5 mins at the end now. Also swapped James for Bailey. Maybe not the wisest pick but the excitement of new Villa players means they always go in. 

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve swapped Watkins for Ings, seeing as Watkins is a doubt. I expect he’ll start and score with Ings getting 5 mins at the end now. Also swapped James for Bailey. Maybe not the wisest pick but the excitement of new Villa players means they always go in. 

You know Cavani is out for week 1. He has extended leave from Man U.

• Thanks 1

Both my mates and my work leagues haven't gone ahead this season but I've jumped on board the VT bandwagon  with 'Butcher Willian Me' preparing for non-league football.

Not playing for money might take the stress out of it haha.  

Mad that Salah is considered a midfielder but ASM is a forward btw.

• Like 1

Ditched Lukaku and rebuilt squad depth. But somehow sat with £2.5m to spend. Can't decide whether to upgrade a first 11 player or my 2nd sub from 4.5m bench filler to useful player. 

Decisions, decisions. 

1 minute ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Someone convince me to get Ings over DCL

I typically set my initial draft up with the first 6-8 weeks in mind

I have Buendia btw for coverage

Over the first 6-8 games I can't. All I can say is over the first 3 yes, and you have transfers. Rafa could set up defensively and we won't, plus DCL just back from injury.  But all things being equal (which they never are), then DCL over 6-8 is the better pick if you were planning on not transferring.

16 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Someone convince me to get Ings over DCL

I typically set my initial draft up with the first 6-8 weeks in mind

I have Buendia btw for coverage

covid outbreak at everton...not expecting big things from them first couple of games

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Over the first 6-8 games I can't. All I can say is over the first 3 yes, and you have transfers. Rafa could set up defensively and we won't, plus DCL just back from injury.  But all things being equal (which they never are), then DCL over 6-8 is the better pick if you were planning on not transferring.

This is it. Sound advice

I’ve a reluctance to ‘plan’ transfers within the first 6 weeks or so as naturally there’ll be fires I have to fight and don’t like playing wildcard too early.

Clearly Ings wins over the first 3, but DCL over the longer period.

Richarlson back boosts DCL’s appeal. But Ollie being absent oddly boosts Ings appeal for me.

Too tight to call

Tried to do team last night and ended up stressing myself out, so **** it. Was meant to enter 3 leagues. I’m out of touch with the premier league nowadays and don’t know who most of them are and who’s any good. Plus it seems more work than The Sun dream team. Good luck gentlemen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tried to do team last night and ended up stressing myself out, so **** it. Was meant to enter 3 leagues. I’m out of touch with the premier league nowadays and don’t know who most of them are and who’s any good. Plus it seems more work than The Sun dream team. Good luck gentlemen.

Just do what half the people in my work league do and use the auto pick. 

Â