Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I actually came across their channel and watched a season preview or whatever it was.

You could see Mark was very knowledgeable yes. Az revealed his team at the end and Christ alive it was bad.

Yeah he got slated for it.

He'll be saying all pre season that he's trying to be different and you'll never win FPL by having the same team as anyone else.

Guarantee by kick off he'll be 80% template

Just did my first non-Grealish draft. Swapping him for Raphinha lets me put Digne at the back and add Wilson to Watkins and Antonio up front. Hmm.

But no Grealish (I do have Buendia). Hmmm.

On 22/06/2021 at 10:16, cyrusr said:

They need to change the rules so that I can have Martinez, Grealish, Buendia and Watkins. It is not fair that you can only pick 3 Villa players!

You might be able to...

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Just did my first non-Grealish draft. Swapping him for Raphinha lets me put Digne at the back and add Wilson to Watkins and Antonio up front. Hmm.

But no Grealish (I do have Buendia). Hmmm.

Everyone seems to be downgrading Grealish to Buendia and/or Bruno to Sancho. 

At the moment I’m sticking with the more expensive players. I’d rather be able to step down in price rather than have to try and step up

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Everyone seems to be downgrading Grealish to Buendia and/or Bruno to Sancho. 

At the moment I’m sticking with the more expensive players. I’d rather be able to step down in price rather than have to try and step up

Bruno definitely going nowhere. The only disadvantage to my move as you say is the loss of a price point. I probably want to be on Havertz at some point in the relatively near future. Having an 8.0 makes that easier. But I'm predicting a week 7 wildcard so I'm undecided so far. 

• Like 1

I'm really tempted by Aubameyang as think he might be a bargain. Price drop down to £10m, no European fixtures as a distraction, Arsenal's end of season form wasn't bad and he has some decent attacking talent behind him. 

I reckon he might find his form again to go with some decent fixtures. 

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

Bruno definitely going nowhere. The only disadvantage to my move as you say is the loss of a price point. I probably want to be on Havertz at some point in the relatively near future. Having an 8.0 makes that easier. But I'm predicting a week 7 wildcard so I'm undecided so far. 

Yep my exact plan. I’d quite like a Chelsea player for that Palace game. But Chelsea’s fixtures from week 7 are too good to ignore 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm really tempted by Aubameyang as think he might be a bargain. Price drop down to £10m, no European fixtures as a distraction, Arsenal's end of season form wasn't bad and he has some decent attacking talent behind him. 

I reckon he might find his form again to go with some decent fixtures. 

If Arteta could be trusted to play him up front I might agree. But as a winger he's a waste of time.

I'm not really one for drafts, more of a leave it until the final week and then get it going but I did have a mess with it the other day to get Sancho in my side. I'm very tempted to take the chance on him from the start. 

No Bruno though currently which I'm not sure I'll have the bollocks to leave out come August 13th.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Auba is a non option for me. Turning him into a striker was the nail in his FPL coffin

Apart from Watkins there's no striker's I'm overly keen on price wise this year so just thinking things through. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Apart from Watkins there's no striker's I'm overly keen on price wise this year so just thinking things through. 

I think you were referring to the expensive strikers, but Toney at 6.5 is pretty popular. Jimenez at 7.5 is intriguing if fit.

40 minutes ago, a-k said:

I think you were referring to the expensive strikers, but Toney at 6.5 is pretty popular. Jimenez at 7.5 is intriguing if fit.

I think Toney is 0.5m too expensive for a player and team unproven at the top level. Jiminez there's too many questions as to if he's the player he was pre-injury and how the new manager wants to play. Antonio is an option but is never fit. 

Jesus might be an interesting idea if he finally gets decent minutes but that's a big if and I hate owning City players due to Pep Roulette. 

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Regarding Triple Captain and Bench Boost- are these usable just once over the entire season?

Unless something has changed this year and I don't think it has then you get one TC, one BB and two wildcards, with the first expiring about 28/12 and the 2nd becoming live the next day. 

You can only use one chip in a week to, including wildcard so bear that in mind if planning for a double gameweek or something. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Regarding Triple Captain and Bench Boost- are these usable just once over the entire season?

27 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Unless something has changed this year and I don't think it has then you get one TC, one BB and two wildcards, with the first expiring about 28/12 and the 2nd becoming live the next day. 

You can only use one chip in a week to, including wildcard so bear that in mind if planning for a double gameweek or something. 

Correct. One Triple Captain chip, one bench boost and one Free hit chip for the season. once you use it, you lose it.

You get Two wildcards, but they're in either half of the season. So if you haven't used the first one by week 19 (as an example, the actual week varies) then you lose it. But you get a new one for the second half of the season. Conversely if you use your widlcard in week 3, you have to wait until the second half of the season to get your new one. Basically you can't save them and use them a couple of weeks in a row (Unless you use them on the weeks they change over I guess, but that would be a waste)

And good point @Rds1983 about only being able to use one chip per gameweek. I've seen people caught out before thinking they can, for example, use a wildcard to get a team with loads of DGW players and then use their bench boost at the same time. you can't.

Â