Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Just now, LancsVillan said:

I thought that about Martinez but teamed him with Steer @ £4.0 and a guaranteed start every week. I know that in a GW we aint playing it causes an issue but might look again...... 

No outfield Villans yet until we know who is fit available and starting

A lot of the youtubers I watch are warming to Martinez despite price. 186pts is ridiculous and a lot of it was actually down to him. If he could guarantee say 160pts next season then he's absolutely worth 5.5m.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah I think that counts as a decent sub :D  I just wouldn't be risking non-starters in week 1. If the template peloton takes off without you and you're missing players then you're playing catch-up straight away. Funnily enough it's also why I wouldn't be going for Targett.  If I was going Villa defence now it would be Cash.

If you can't take a gamble on one player in week one then when can you take a gamble? If it goes wrong I've got 36 or so weeks to fix it. The template team isn't likely to jump in value so I can get back on easily enough if needed. Probably the best time to take a gamble. 

If it was pure defence then yeah I'd agree with you about Cash, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Young maybe crop up at LW and grab a goal or assist to hopefully go with a Cs. 

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

A lot of the youtubers I watch are warming to Martinez despite price. 186pts is ridiculous and a lot of it was actually down to him. If he could guarantee say 160pts next season then he's absolutely worth 5.5m.

I think his heroics with Argentina in the Copa America also paint a picture that last season wasn't a freak and he is actually that good. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

If you can't take a gamble on one player in week one then when can you take a gamble? If it goes wrong I've got 36 or so weeks to fix it. The template team isn't likely to jump in value so I can get back on easily enough if needed. Probably the best time to take a gamble. 

If it was pure defence then yeah I'd agree with you about Cash, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Young maybe crop up at LW and grab a goal or assist to hopefully go with a Cs. 

Yep I get you. I just think my gamble or punt would be on someone I know will start, and the punt is whether they haul or not rather than whether they play or not. Just sayin' :):thumb:

Who do you have as premiums? I feel there are not many worth it...

GK: maybe Emi, but if you're going to splurge then might as well try and find the extra 0.5 to get Ederson, which frees up an extra Villa spot for a defender.

DEF: Dias at 6.0 is the one for me. He's essential free from Pep roulette unless injured. Not sure who will get the start in the Chelsea defence, although I haven't looked too much to be honest as they have a rather tough opening set of fixtures. Liverpool have a decent set of fixtures to kick off the season, but 6.5+ is very pricey for me for a DEF. Digne at 5.5 is interesting as always and Everton have one of the best set of fixtures through the first GWs, but depends on if DCL is fit or not.

MID: I think Salah is a must. He's gonna miss time due to AFCON so I can imagine him really being a greedy word removed to get his goal count up early. Son has hit the ground running in preseason but Spurs are in a bit of a state at the moment. I'm really loathe to pick Bruno, especially at 12.0, but I just know he will score boatloads if I keep him out. On the fence with him and will be a last minute decision between him and Son.

FWD: Kane would be nailed-on if he ends up at City, but might take a wait and see approach if he remains at Spurs. Vardy, no. Auba is worth following in case he plays centrally, but might go with Laca given their opening fixtures.

57 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

I thought that about Martinez but teamed him with Steer @ £4.0 and a guaranteed start every week. I know that in a GW we aint playing it causes an issue but might look again...... 

No outfield Villans yet until we know who is fit available and starting

Only issue with that is it locks out 2 of your Villa spaces. If Buendia and Ings, for example, hit the ground running and you wanted to bring them in you'd be hamstrung by having Steer in there

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

My current premiums are Trent, Salah & Fernandes, and I am loathe to go near any of them. The only one even remotely up for negotiation is Bruno if Lukaku comes in at an affordable price or if Kane moves to City. Otherwise I can't see myself moving off him. I guess Lukaku's price will either be 11.0 or 11.5.

5 minutes ago, a-k said:

Who do you have as premiums? I feel there are not many worth it...

GK: maybe Emi, but if you're going to splurge then might as well try and find the extra 0.5 to get Ederson, which frees up an extra Villa spot for a defender.

DEF: Dias at 6.0 is the one for me. He's essential free from Pep roulette unless injured. Not sure who will get the start in the Chelsea defence, although I haven't looked too much to be honest as they have a rather tough opening set of fixtures. Liverpool have a decent set of fixtures to kick off the season, but 6.5+ is very pricey for me for a DEF. Digne at 5.5 is interesting as always and Everton have one of the best set of fixtures through the first GWs, but depends on if DCL is fit or not.

MID: I think Salah is a must. He's gonna miss time due to AFCON so I can imagine him really being a greedy word removed to get his goal count up early. Son has hit the ground running in preseason but Spurs are in a bit of a state at the moment. I'm really loathe to pick Bruno, especially at 12.0, but I just know he will score boatloads if I keep him out. On the fence with him and will be a last minute decision between him and Son.

FWD: Kane would be nailed-on if he ends up at City, but might take a wait and see approach if he remains at Spurs. Vardy, no. Auba is worth following in case he plays centrally, but might go with Laca given their opening fixtures.

If Lukaku goes to Chelsea, which looks likely, then it'll be very difficult to overlook him as a premium imo. Their fixtures from GW 7 onwards are obscene

I'd say Auba is the most overvalued player in the entire game to be honest

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'd say Auba is the most overvalued player in the entire game to be honest

Hard to argue, although circumstances mean Mané is arguably even less desireable at his price point.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

Hard to argue, although circumstances mean Mané is arguably even less desireable at his price point.

YEah true. I guess the difference is I can easily see Mane coming good. He just had a really bad season.

Even if Auba comes good, a 10m striker needs to deliver huge numbers to be worth it and I just can't see him doing it

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tsimikas could be an interesting pick now that Robertson is injured for, presumably, a long time

Ssssh I added him this morning

As for Steer - yeah good point, another change incoming - Foster @ Wat along with the other 28% of players :) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

My current premiums are Trent, Salah & Fernandes, and I am loathe to go near any of them. The only one even remotely up for negotiation is Bruno if Lukaku comes in at an affordable price or if Kane moves to City. Otherwise I can't see myself moving off him. I guess Lukaku's price will either be 11.0 or 11.5.

Have got Werner in - to be replaced by Lukaku if same price. cannot see why not.... though I bet if I do Tuchel won't select Lukaku straighaway and Werner will get a hat-trick v Palace

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Tsimikas could be an interesting pick now that Robertson is injured for, presumably, a long time

Has the extent of Robertson's injury been confirmed yet? Seen rumours of minimum 6 to 8 weeks. 

Feels like those two or so seasons where Liverpool had no injuries and won everything have caught up with them recently. 

Edited by Rds1983

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm on Trent and Salah and they're not budging. Does Dias count as a premium at 6? Torn on Fernandes and current draft dropped him to pick up Son and Sancho. 

Lukaku will be 11 at least. Wouldn't surprise me if they put him at 12.

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Has the extent of Robertson's injury been confirmed yet? Seen rumours of minimum 6 to 8 weeks. 

Feels like those two or so seasons where Liverpool had no injuries and won everything have caught up with them recently. 

Apparently it’s 6-8 weeks yeah. I’m stunned to be honest. The clip I saw made it look like he’d dislocated his ankle at least

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Apparently it’s 6-8 weeks yeah. I’m stunned to be honest. The clip I saw made it look like he’d dislocated his ankle at least

Yeah. I watched it once and couldn't see it again. Looked horrible. 

He apparently walked off but that doesn't really mean much. FPL have him at 75% to play. 

If it is 6 weeks then that's at least 6 games so could be interesting. 

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I did some analysis on over/under priced players on twitter if anyone cares

Nicely done. It'll be interesting how Grealish impacts KDB's output if he plays centrally as is rumoured. Also, Son always outperforms his xG because he is a way better than average finisher. That's what makes him so dangerous to not own. Nice graphs though. I see you've taken your data analysis to another level for this year 😁😁

• Like 1

Â