Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

You could easily win last season's competition by not owning Salah. Point being, no player is essential. Having 4 or 5 premiums is madness and I think doomed to end catastrophically, but by all means go for it. If nothing else it'll be interesting to watch it play out.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think i'd have to leave one out. just seems madness having 10 players in your squad getting zero every week

I didn't say it was a good idea :D although you can find two MIDs at 4.5 that play regularly, and four of those 4.0 DEFs started in GW1 (of course not going to continue that way)

13 minutes ago, a-k said:

You can fit Kane, Son, Bruno, Salah, and Lukaku all in the same squad if you play 3-5-2 and pray your 4.0 DEFs and GK get a start 😄

image.thumb.png.5f7a496f9838266ba2731c0e77ce809f.png

You'll be lucky to have any of that back 7 playing. Your keepers are dead for a start.

There could quite possibly be weeks where you'd get 5 or less players playing there

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

You could easily win last season's competition by not owning Salah. Point being, no player is essential. Having 4 or 5 premiums is madness and I think doomed to end catastrophically, but by all means go for it. If nothing else it'll be interesting to watch it play out.

we're already seeing a lot of catch up required from folks who had only one of bruno and salah, and a lot of work to do from people who had neither

i am going to try it (all this is dependent on kane going to city of course) like you, i'm curious to see how it pans out

1 hour ago, BOF said:

as if they're going to make salah etc quarantine in one of those hotels. they will get around those rules somehow. or liverpool will just not release him for international duty...which i believe they can do

edit: elite sportspersons are exempt from the travel rules

Edited by tomav84

48 minutes ago, Rodders said:

wildcard used already. :crylaugh:

Another bad week or two and my name of "giving up by october" may end up being overly optimistic. 

Been there in the past.  If it's needed then it's needed. If you get a lasting benefit from it then it wasn't too early. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Been there in the past.  If it's needed then it's needed. If you get a lasting benefit from it then it wasn't too early. 

yeah think mine was used after GW 2 or 3 last season. you just know when you got it badly wrong

34 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

If I can I try to save mine until Christmas so that I can set myself up well for the busy period and make big jumps later in the season. But if it needs using go for it. 

I'm also hoping to save it for as late as possible since some big names will be missing due to AFCON

Â