Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nicely done. It'll be interesting how Grealish impacts KDB's output if he plays centrally as is rumoured. Also, Son always outperforms his xG because he is a way better than average finisher. That's what makes him so dangerous to not own. Nice graphs though. I see you've taken your data analysis to another level for this year 😁😁

Haha yeah found a decent source for data, which is easily exported (fbref.com). Can do all sorts with it if you have the right source in the right format (as I'm sure you know)

I'm working on some dashboards that should be helpful for FPL. I think I can make them public so I'll post them in this thread if they'll help anyone

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I did some analysis on over/under priced players on twitter if anyone cares

This is very good and in depth,  its a little over my head on what is a game.

Some people obviously take it way too seriously..... unless there is £ involved then I get it

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Philogene-Bidace has been added and the miserable words removed have made him 5.0m

Interesting. Great that he's been added but that's overpriced. 

Makes him more expensive than Luiz and both Ramsey's and only 1m less than El Ghazi or Traore. 

ESR was 4.5 last year and only 5.5 now. 

3 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

This is very good and in depth,  its a little over my head on what is a game.

Some people obviously take it way too seriously..... unless there is £ involved then I get it

I run a (overly complicated) cash league so there definitely is £ on the line for me :D

But it's kind of a hobby for me. I share BOF's love of spreadsheets and that so I genuinely find it interesting.

And stuff like xG is great for FPL

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Philogene-Bidace has been added and the miserable words removed have made him 5.0m

33 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Interesting. Great that he's been added but that's overpriced. 

Makes him more expensive than Luiz and both Ramsey's and only 1m less than El Ghazi or Traore. 

ESR was 4.5 last year and only 5.5 now. 

There's always random anomalies like this that pop up.

Targett being 4.5m last year but Cash appearing at 5m was another one. Absolutely no basis to price Cash higher than targett

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's always random anomalies like this that pop up.

Targett being 4.5m last year but Cash appearing at 5m was another one. Absolutely no basis to price Cash higher than targett

You can usually try and suss out their thinking though. For instance, Cash had a decent record for goals/assists with Forest so they probably considered that. 

Can't see any reason for this one except for the preseason form. 

Is what it is though. 

Unless something happens with the squad he's not really a viable choice either way as doubt he'll get much consistent gametime. 

I've a team I'm happy with and somehow got 1.5 in the bank for a rainy week 2. Obviously that could change 400 times between now and Friday. 

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I’m finding this season a bit tricky already. How to fit Bruno, Salah, Son, Trent & Lukaku (when he me moves to Chelsea) in the team will be the real test!

Pfff. It's easy to fit them in.  Just not all at the same time :P 

• Haha 1

On 09/08/2021 at 15:34, a-k said:

Who do you have as premiums? I feel there are not many worth it...

GK: maybe Emi, but if you're going to splurge then might as well try and find the extra 0.5 to get Ederson, which frees up an extra Villa spot for a defender.

DEF: Dias at 6.0 is the one for me. He's essential free from Pep roulette unless injured. Not sure who will get the start in the Chelsea defence, although I haven't looked too much to be honest as they have a rather tough opening set of fixtures. Liverpool have a decent set of fixtures to kick off the season, but 6.5+ is very pricey for me for a DEF. Digne at 5.5 is interesting as always and Everton have one of the best set of fixtures through the first GWs, but depends on if DCL is fit or not.

MID: I think Salah is a must. He's gonna miss time due to AFCON so I can imagine him really being a greedy word removed to get his goal count up early. Son has hit the ground running in preseason but Spurs are in a bit of a state at the moment. I'm really loathe to pick Bruno, especially at 12.0, but I just know he will score boatloads if I keep him out. On the fence with him and will be a last minute decision between him and Son.

FWD: Kane would be nailed-on if he ends up at City, but might take a wait and see approach if he remains at Spurs. Vardy, no. Auba is worth following in case he plays centrally, but might go with Laca given their opening fixtures.

I've completely thrown this in the bin...

GK no Emi nor Ederson...went with Allison given Liverpool's opening fixtures

DEF no Dias...will look to get him in around GW8. Went for TAA instead.

MID no Salah...think Jota at 5.0 less can be the differential...went for Bruno also.

See you from the bottom of the league table!

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm crap at this but I'm going to try this season

unknown.png?width=958&height=677

Rule 1 is to have fun with it so you'll be fine 👍 Good luck. 

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

Rule 1 is to have fun with it so you'll be fine 👍 Good luck. 

I thought rule 1 was to get so stressed out about captain picks it ruined your weekend? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Last entry by some point tomorrow? 

I'm pretty sure the door remains open for new entrants after week 1. You just won't appear in the table until week 2 if you join after the week 1 deadline (but your week 1 score will still count at that point).

• Like 1

Â