Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

20 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not sure how Laca ended up on your bench. I'd say it could be worse, but not much worse 😆

He's been in form but hasn't been scoring big, and I thought v NOR with WOL up less than 48h later, maybe Nketiah starts or comes on for 30-45 min. Wouldn't have stuck him on the bench if I knew that game would be called off.

Need Ronaldo to tear NEW a new one (no pun intended) or to be out of the squad completely....then Son gets the armband and Laca off the bench. That's 19 points.

Had an absolute shocker. Had been putting off my transfers all morning due to potential for cancelled games. Then Boxing Day family stuff got in the way and I only remembered three mins before the deadline. Managed to put my -8 through but then when I was trying to put the new signings (Moura and Ronaldo) onto the pitch from the bench the site crashed! 

Ended up with Bowen as captain instead of Ronaldo (at least he got an assist) and 17 Lucas Moura points trapped on my bench… 25 points down there :bang:

8 hours ago, chappy said:

Had an absolute shocker. Had been putting off my transfers all morning due to potential for cancelled games. Then Boxing Day family stuff got in the way and I only remembered three mins before the deadline. Managed to put my -8 through but then when I was trying to put the new signings (Moura and Ronaldo) onto the pitch from the bench the site crashed! 

Ended up with Bowen as captain instead of Ronaldo (at least he got an assist) and 17 Lucas Moura points trapped on my bench… 25 points down there :bang:

Same for me with waiting for delays and then family boxing day stuff. No changes yesterday, 30 points and a drop to 57k. No Ronnie either so not expecting a good day. 

Least I've got the FH to go still. Just have to find some motivation to keep playing. 

On 26/12/2021 at 23:53, a-k said:

Need Ronaldo to tear NEW a new one (no pun intended) or to be out of the squad completely....then Son gets the armband and Laca off the bench. That's 19 points.

Useless word removed rocket polishing Representative for Wellingborough

Tumblr

32 points and a 30k red to 58k but still 2 FHs I guess. Covid disruption has taken the enjoyment away for me and massively struggling to engage at the moment. I'm already down 6 players for next week already. 

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ronaldo can suck my ass.

The positive to this week is I'll never be tempted to bring him in again. Overrated goal poacher. He can **** off

Not sure who is actually worth bringing in from Utd. Great fixtures but question marks every I look at them. GK and DF don't look solid (I've got Dalot though as decent price), MF is expensive and I'm not sure who is worth the price, FW Ronnie is getting goals but not enough to justify the cost. 

Absolute shocker of a week after planning it down to the last second.

Took a -4 taking out Salah and King for Ronaldo and Martinelli. Ended the week with 34 points, my worst of the season.

I'm now in no mans land, I desperately need Salah back but do I take another -4 to do it or Free Hit?

The Free Hit seems like a complete waste as the majority of my team would be the players I would select. I think it will be beneficial to keep hold of it for a DGW.

Decision...

Both keepers out for this GW and only eight outfield players available (one is Gilmour who doesn't bring in many points, and two others are Bernardo Silva and Foden - there's a chance that neither start and I'd be very surprised if both do).

I also want to shift Ronaldo as he can **** off after I brought him back in yet again - too much value in him - but that means more transfers, especially if I want to bring Salah back in for the next couple of games.

I should probably use my FH but I'm still reluctant to with the double GWs coming up - plus it'd still leave me with Ronaldo and without Salah for next week. Currently thinking I'll go with the FH then leave Salah out for GW21, sacrificing him for the Chelsea game before AFCON (although I do think he'll do well in that) and make a couple of transfers then.

Â