Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

3 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Cancelo captain has made my week look good. Live rank up to 19k and the 3 Liverpool players still to go. Obviously a Salah haul would crash me back down the rankings

Edit - LiveFPL actually has me top of the league but there is a bit of a pattern with everyone else's captain.

Screenshot-20211219-162222-01.jpg

Would be a nice time for him to end his 15 game run of returns

55 and a red arrow for me down to 30k. Giving the captain to Salah did it for me. 

I'll be honest I hate the whole captain thing and wished they'd drop it. 

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'll be honest I hate the whole captain thing and wished they'd drop it. 

Yeah me too tbh, especially seasons like this where one player has about 70% more points than everyone else.

I remember in the season when Ronaldo scored 30+ one of my cash mini leagues had a no captaining Ronaldo rule. Hurt everyone's OR but was by far the most interesting ML that season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Yeah me too tbh, especially seasons like this where one player has about 70% more points than everyone else.

I remember in the season when Ronaldo scored 30+ one of my cash mini leagues had a no captaining Ronaldo rule. Hurt everyone's OR but was by far the most interesting ML that season.

It's that you can regularly end up hoping that one of your own players doesn't do well. It's ridiculous to have a situation where that occurs. I saw Cancelo's points and as he was my vice I was hoping Salah wouldn't play. Can be similar with the bench. 

52 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

It's that you can regularly end up hoping that one of your own players doesn't do well.

I had this exact thing with Salah. Maybe they could introduce like 10 different chips to use over the season instead of captaincy for maximum variance between teams.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

It's that you can regularly end up hoping that one of your own players doesn't do well. It's ridiculous to have a situation where that occurs. I saw Cancelo's points and as he was my vice I was hoping Salah wouldn't play. Can be similar with the bench. 

This is by far the worst part of FPL. I’d happily remove captains from the game. 

That way you would always be able to cheer on every one of your players. 

21 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

amazed how many people captained cancelo this week. about 4 players in one of my league did so. had a disasterous 36 points personally. out of both the overall and england cups

I barely got through the Cup thanks to Jota's return, but dropped in my mini-leagues because of Cancelo.

51 minutes ago, BOF said:

7k to 92k in 7 weeks since the fixtures started being messed with. Current motivation level is to just give up. Hopefully that changes.

Yeah this was me a couple of weeks ago. Went from 30k to 170k in a few gameweeks.

Recovered slightly, but covid has hurt my motivation massively. Just feels like there's no point in planning again.

Weirdly I'm really happy with my team, and I've gone from having 7 players playing to a massive benching headache next week. But I know in the back of my head half those games probably won't happen. Which will plunge me back into a lack of motivation again.

I think if yesterday hadn't gone relatively well I'd be ready to pack it in 

12 hours ago, BOF said:

7k to 92k in 7 weeks since the fixtures started being messed with. Current motivation level is to just give up. Hopefully that changes.

Similar here, I've gone from 35k to 150k. Knew I'd have two bad GWs but then the covid stuff gave me 2-3 more on top, I think its 5 red arrows in a row. 

17 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Similar here, I've gone from 35k to 150k. Knew I'd have two bad GWs but then the covid stuff gave me 2-3 more on top, I think its 5 red arrows in a row. 

My last 2 scores are 58 and 59 points. Considering those were covid weeks with averages of 45 and 39 I should be ecstatic. Yet I've red arrowed both weeks. No ideas how so many people are pulling off big scores at the moment. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

My last 2 scores are 58 and 59 points. Considering those were covid weeks with averages of 45 and 39 I should be ecstatic. Yet I've red arrowed both weeks. No ideas how so many people are pulling off big scores at the moment. 

With so many dead and zombie teams in the competition, the 'average' score is pretty meaningless in a gameweek where fixtures have been cancelled, because those teams (we'll say the bottom 2 million for argument's sake) will be disproportionately affected by the cancellations as they won't have attempted to have a full playing squad, thus bringing the average way down and making it meaningless to anyone still actively competing.

• Like 1

I had the template for most of last season, people will call you boring but it's template for a reason and it will get you a high rank.

I went rogue a bit the last few weeks and got punished most due to fixtures being called off, but if you follow the majority of the crowd it won't hurt you as much.

• Like 1

I think sitting at around 70-80% template and then trying to pick one or two differentials will usually serve you pretty well. As Andy says, it looks boring but it gets points.

It's all well and good being 30% template, but for every #1 in the world who is a massive differential, there's 100 people who are outside the top 2 million because they've got a load of shit players

Â