Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Liverpool are the tricky one. On one hand they have one fixture. On the other, it's home to Brentford. But they also have COVID so who will be missing, and they play Arsenal in the cup 4 days afterwards. So if you think the fixture is worth it, do you risk Jota and end up getting rested. Do you risk not having Trent and he blows up against them.

It's not a fantastic double. No-one has an outstanding set of fixtures. I'll probably go triple United and triple Spurs. I'll have one Chelsea, max 2, even though they're away to City.

I've a pool of about 25 players I'm looking at and 5 of the starters are definites at this stage with probably 3 others that are very likely.

Watch it all blow up in my face now :D

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Liverpool are the tricky one. On one hand they have one fixture. On the other, it's home to Brentford. But they also have COVID so who will be missing, and they play Arsenal in the cup 4 days afterwards. So if you think the fixture is worth it, do you risk Jota and end up getting rested. Do you risk not having Trent and he blows up against them.

It's not a fantastic double. No-one has an outstanding set of fixtures. I'll probably go triple United and triple Spurs. I'll have one Chelsea, max 2, even though they're away to City.

I've a pool of about 25 players I'm looking at and 5 of the starters are definites at this stage with probably 3 others that are very likely.

Watch it all blow up in my face now :D

Agree on triple Spurs (even if fixtures aren't amazing) but who do you get from Utd though? I'm struggling to find 3 players I'd actually want. 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Agree on triple Spurs (even if fixtures aren't amazing) but who do you get from Utd though? I'm struggling to find 3 players I'd actually want. 

I'd go DDG, Sancho (or Rashford) & Ronaldo.

But I'm now erring towards not free hitting, because the players I'm replacing actually have really good fixtures and it wouldn't surprise me if some of them scored better than what comes in.

40 minutes ago, BOF said:

But I'm now erring towards not free hitting, because the players I'm replacing actually have really good fixtures and it wouldn't surprise me if some of them scored better than what comes in.

I'm leaning towards not using the FH as I can be happy with just a - 8. No idea when I'll use them both though. 

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'd go DDG, Sancho (or Rashford) & Ronaldo.

I've brought Ronnie in (felt I had to but don't really want him) and lined DDG up. However decided to get Lloris in the end as prefer him as a long term hold. I was toying with Sancho, Rashford or Cavani but I'm just not convinced by them. 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm leaning towards not using the FH as I can be happy with just a - 8. No idea when I'll use them both though. 

I've brought Ronnie in (felt I had to but don't really want him) and lined DDG up. However decided to get Lloris in the end as prefer him as a long term hold. I was toying with Sancho, Rashford or Cavani but I'm just not convinced by them. 

Sancho has decent numbers and would be a hell of a differential. That's why he appeals. Cavani probably wouldn't get the minutes and I simply cannot see beyond Ronaldo, Kane & Dennis up front if I was to FH.

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Sancho has decent numbers and would be a hell of a differential. That's why he appeals. Cavani probably wouldn't get the minutes and I simply cannot see beyond Ronaldo, Kane & Dennis up front if I was to FH.

Sancho only has 1 goal and assist to his name, is only averaging 65 odd mins a match and Utd in general don't look convincing. I think he will come good at some point though. 

Kane is tempting but Antonio against Leeds could be interesting. 

I'm in the bizarre position where I can turn any of my 3 strikers (Antonio, Dennis, Ronaldo) into Kane for a minus 4 and I'm not sure I want to. Even Dennis has 3 really good fixtures coming up in a Newcastle/Burnley double and then Norwich. Kane can be a troll.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Son injured :( That's a right pain in the hole.

I took a - 4 to ditch Salah and bring him in. 

If I FH now does it undo all my transfers and - 8 or do I just reset to what I've already done? I think it resets to how it was at the start (i.e. Salah back). 

Really tempted to just use it now. If anything else happens between now and then I think I will. 

Edited by Rds1983

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I took a - 4 to ditch Salah and bring him in. 

If I FH now does it undo all my transfers and - 8 or do I just reset to what I've already done? I think it resets to how it was at the start (i.e. Salah back). 

Really tempted to just use it now. If anything else happens between now and then I think I will. 

A free hit will remove your hit points for the week.  You'll keep the transfers you've made to this point but just for this week, and they'll be gone again after 22.

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

A free hit will remove your hit points for the week.  You'll keep the transfers you've made to this point but just for this week, and they'll be gone again after 22.

Yeah figured I'd better go check the rules. Adds more weight to using the FH. 

I’m going to use my first FH and load up on DGW players (will keep TAA and probably go for DCL too as a SGW option). The chips rarely come good for me so might as well get one out of the way!

• Like 1

Brought Gray in for Everton's DGW and Leicester have just got the 2nd game called off ffs. 

Least they play Norwich next and have a few fixtures to fit in so not completely wasted transfer. 

Â