Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

1 hour ago, BOF said:

With so many dead and zombie teams in the competition, the 'average' score is pretty meaningless in a gameweek where fixtures have been cancelled, because those teams (we'll say the bottom 2 million for argument's sake) will be disproportionately affected by the cancellations as they won't have attempted to have a full playing squad, thus bringing the average way down and making it meaningless to anyone still actively competing.

What's the percentage of dead teams at the moment? They'll be a lot but not that much to drag the average score down that much. If it was 2 million that would still leave roughly 75% active teams. I'd also suspect that a lot of zombie teams would be fairly template and have Salah, TAA, Cancelo, Kane etc. They'd have a lot of random dross bit they'd also have a fair few who actually returned decent points the last fortnight. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

What's the percentage of dead teams at the moment? They'll be a lot but not that much to drag the average score down that much. If it was 2 million that would still leave roughly 75% active teams. I'd also suspect that a lot of zombie teams would be fairly template and have Salah, TAA, Cancelo, Kane etc. They'd have a lot of random dross bit they'd also have a fair few who actually returned decent points the last fortnight. 

You said you're around the 25k mark.

The higher up you are, the bigger your score required to get green arrows.

Getting average at 25k isn't going to get you a green arrow. You'd need considerably above the average

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You said you're around the 25k mark.

The higher up you are, the bigger your score required to get green arrows.

Getting average at 25k isn't going to get you a green arrow. You'd need considerably above the average

I'm aware of how competitive the higher ranks are and I wasn't expecting green arrows, I was expecting to drop like a stone before the kick off as I was decimated. However, what I was saying above was that after seeing the scores I ended up with (which were pretty decent in the end -  I was about 35% above average) I was surprised that they were actually poor scores considering the volume of very large scores in the last two weeks. Basically that I was amazed how well a lot of people did in two awful weeks. 

Aware I've been in the pub since noon so probably not explaining this too well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm aware of how competitive the higher ranks are and I wasn't expecting green arrows, I was expecting to drop like a stone before the kick off as I was decimated. However, what I was saying above was that after seeing the scores I ended up with (which were pretty decent in the end -  I was about 35% above average) I was surprised that they were actually poor scores considering the volume of very large scores in the last two weeks. Basically that I was amazed how well a lot of people did in two awful weeks. 

Aware I've been in the pub since noon so probably not explaining this too well. 

Ohhh sorry. I misread it.

I thought you were saying you got above average (as in just above average) and were wondering why you got red arrows.

My bad!

• Like 1

Not keen with the rules being changed half way through the season but it's going mental in real life and at least they're trying to help. 

Just need to figure out the best way to take advantage of the situation and hopefully have some more clarity on DGWs soon to help with planning (as pointless as that is this season). 

My initial thoughts are to play on as if nothing has changed and then to just use it as a bonus in the final week or so for one big last push. 

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Wish I'd spotted the covid rumours before transferring Antonio in on my FT today. 

I admire the bravery of doing a transfer 4 days before the deadline in this current climate! Never mind injuries etc. Bloody fixture cancellations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

I admire the bravery of doing a transfer 4 days before the deadline in this current climate! Never mind injuries etc. Bloody fixture cancellations.

Either alcohol or boredom impairing the judgement. The deadline feels weeks away and I've kinda lost motivation for it all recently. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i'm trying to view it as positives that those that didn't use it get one for a week where there's loads of rearranged midweek games

The way I see it, the fixtures already shat on me, so now people who used their free hit on the recent week, where I took the pain of not wanting to waste my free hit, they get their free hit back so I get even less benefit to holding on to my one in the first place.

• Like 2

Â