Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Brought Coufal and DCL in for a hit for their doubles, which meant I could put Alonso on the bench. 

Coufal has covid, DCL’s game is off, and they got 1 point between them. 

Alonso got 6. That makes me a -9 on my hit. Cool

Talking of the cup, in the overall cup my s**thouse of an opponent played his FH and ended up with a similar team to me except for a few extra DGW players. Looked almost certainly out but thankfully one of them was the Brentford keeper who has just scored an OG and conceded 4. Back in the balance now. Need a Dawson goal to swing it really.

West Ham boys putting me up to 86 for the week and a nice 23k green back to top 50k. Finally ending the 4 weeks of red. Hoped  to have been a bit better and be a bit closer to 100 points but seems to have been a bad week all round. 

Think I'm definitely using FH this week as team's decimated. 

Went against my standard tactic of only having defenders who attack in open play and chose a Dawson instead of a Coufal because of his xG and it has ended up costing me 5 points and an overall cup round win.

Still 82 and a small green arrow with no hits so not dreadful, no clue what I'm doing for the weekend though. Most of the doubles are very unappealing. I really don't want another United player if I can help it.

wanted to use a free hit to get the doubles in then bench boost but don't think that's possible?

trying to maximise the doubles here

got an itchy trigger finger. want to do my team now but know i need to wait till tomorrow

Edited by tomav84

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

wanted to use a free hit to get the doubles in then bench boost but don't think that's possible?

trying to maximise the doubles here

got an itchy trigger finger. want to do my team now but know i need to wait till tomorrow

Yeah one chip at a time unfortunately.

Is it my imagination or are this week's DGW options pretty s***? You can't really plan ahead these days but in my mind this was a potential freehit week but there are **** all players with doubles that I'd even want to bring in. Watford have the easiest fixtures but only 2 viable FPL players.

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Is it my imagination or are this week's DGW options pretty s***? You can't really plan ahead these days but in my mind this was a potential freehit week but there are **** all players with doubles that I'd even want to bring in. Watford have the easiest fixtures but only 2 viable FPL players.

it's good in a way as there's no obvious candidates i.e. salah

the best performers will be ones that take a risk that pays off, i.e. if brighton or burnley do well

4 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

It is not your imagination. It's quite difficult to get a cracking all doubles free hit team, and that's ignoring some very good single game fixtures like Everton, Liverpool and West Ham. And even that ignores the possibility your final team may suffer cancellations. So yeah it's not at all a desireable free hit for me. I've gone from free hitting to minus 8 to now maybe just replacing Son and going with my good singles. The likes of Pickford, Bowen, Jota & Antonio (all of whom I own...) may end up out-scoring anyone I bring in. Unless something changes, it's Son to Maddison for me and that's that.

I think I'm still free hitting but it's quite an unappealing free hit. Son being injured and Liverpool no longer doubling makes it pretty flat.

But currently I only have one player who doubles (Alonso) and quite a few flags so I think I'm forced into it.

Ended up with a decent week this week. 30k green arrow. Just wish I'd captained Bowen instead of Antonio

12 minutes ago, a-k said:

Need to use my FT wisely this week so that I can save next GW's to allow for only a -4 to bring in Salah, Digne, and Coutinho for GW24

There's a chance Villa double in 23. Dunno when that would be confirmed though.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think I'm still free hitting but it's quite an unappealing free hit. Son being injured and Liverpool no longer doubling makes it pretty flat.

But currently I only have one player who doubles (Alonso) and quite a few flags so I think I'm forced into it.

Ended up with a decent week this week. 30k green arrow. Just wish I'd captained Bowen instead of Antonio

I’ve got one double (Kane) right now, but I’m keeping both free hits and gambling that they’ll come in handy later in the season when there will hopefully be the opportunity to bring in better players for better games. I’m going to take a minus 8 to bring me up to 4 doublers and cross my fingers that all the popular picks (Maddison, Moura & co!) blank.

Much enjoyed shutting FPL out and not thinking about it since the last deadline. Checked my score to see a nice 87 points and a big fat green arrow which makes a nice change. 

Then I remember Salah, Son, James and Livramento are all flagged and I don't know what to do. 

Might just have to use my 2nd free hit because I really cba figuring out a proper plan. 

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Much enjoyed shutting FPL out and not thinking about it since the last deadline. Checked my score to see a nice 87 points and a big fat green arrow which makes a nice change. 

Then I remember Salah, Son, James and Livramento are all flagged and I don't know what to do. 

Might just have to use my 2nd free hit because I really cba figuring out a proper plan. 

27 and 30 are likely to be troublesome blank weeks so bear that in mind if you can navigate this week without one.

Â