Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

I do hope England park the silly bollocks of Euro '96 and the overall history with the Germans. If they win the game they'll win it on merit from rolling up their sleeves. If they turn up fuelled on adrenaline and emotion and let that take over, they'll be picked off. Germany are flailing but they will still be the best team England have played so far in this competition.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I do hope England park the silly bollocks of Euro '96 and the overall history with the Germans. If they win the game they'll win it on merit from rolling up their sleeves. If they turn up fuelled on adrenaline and emotion and let that take over, they'll be picked off. Germany are flailing but they will still be the best team England have played so far in this competition.

You are Steve Bruce and I claim my £5

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

They Think It's All Over. For now.... - The False Nine

40 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Grealish ain't gonna get a sniff against Germany. We'll go 5 at the back no doubt and try to counter. 

With 5/3 at the back he should, and I say should because it’s not what I think will happen, be more suited to that left hand side role. With wing backs we’ll need the forwards to occupy the inside and also defend that space when the wing backs overload. Sterling won’t do that, Rashford won’t do that, Foden maybe, Sancho maybe.

I’d say based off performances so far you’d go:

Pickford

Stones Maguire Mings

James     Phillips        ?           Saka

Mount     Kane    Grealish

Edited by a m ole

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

With 5/3 at the back he should, and I say should because it’s not what I think will happen, be more suited to that left hand side role. With wing backs we’ll need the forwards to occupy the inside and also defend that space when the wing backs overload. Sterling won’t do that, Rashford won’t do that, Foden maybe, Sancho maybe.

I’d say based off performances so far you’d go:

Pickford

Stones Maguire Mings

James     Phillips        ?           Saka

Mount     Kane    Grealish

I’d play Mount next to Phillips and stick Foden on the right wing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wonder if we'll get the 'tournament experience' front three of Sterling-Kane-Rashford.

Bring back in the Hendogg too. He has tournament experience of not getting a kick against Croatia in the semi.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bring back in the Hendogg too. He has tournament experience of not getting a kick against Croatia in the semi.

I think he will TBH.

I'm expecting something like:

-------------------Pickford-------------------------

--Walker--Stones--Maguire--Trippier--

----Henderson--Rice--Phillips-------------

---Rashford-----Kane------Sterling---------

Pack the midfield, focus on being hard to beat, get your more experienced players on the pitch. I think the most likely two deviations from this are Foden instead of Rashford and James instead of Walker.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think he will TBH.

Pack the midfield, focus on being hard to beat, get your more experienced players on the pitch. I think the most likely two deviations from this are Foden instead of Rashford and James instead of Walker.

Much as I deride Southgate, even he's not bonkers enough to start that side. Saka instead of Rashford and Jack in for Henderson/Phillips I reckon.  Probably the side that started the last game.

England's biggest issue is they simply don't move the ball quickly enough from central midfield to out wide.

As the three group games have shown that's the way to really hurt Germany and make them concede.

Can see Henderson starting tbh as he's better at moving it quicker than Rice but big call considering he's hardly played in five months.

I feel what will decide this match is what Low will do as Germany certainly have an 11 capable of beating England, just whether they'll select it.

Still 50/50 for me but winner of this match really should play the final.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think he will TBH.

I agree he'll go with something like this. He'll make the calculation that at least to start with he needs the experienced heads on the pitch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think he will TBH.

I genuinely believe this is his exact lineup. 

I'll probably get bettered for this but, i'm so disillusioned with Southgate, if we play that team I hope we get absolutely smashed. 

It sums up everything wrong with the England team and how it's constantly managed. It's really not that difficult to pick a system and put the best player in each position. Instead he will play 

-A favourite (trippier) out of position despite 2 CL quality Lbs. 

-Rashford horrendously out of form, ignoring 4 potential world beaters (Grealish, Saka, Sancho and Foden). 

-Kane out of form and decided he's a midfielder 

-Henderson absolutely not match fit. 

It would be funny if we had a 3 man midfield they had a 2 and yet they completely dominate the middle 

Agree about putting goretzka in there, I think he pushes further forward which with how much of the ball they'll see is of better use 

Kimmich vs sterling will be the game, we'll play on the counter and if kimmich snuffs him out we will be even worse than the previous 3 games 

Â