Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He started every game but 3 under Unai when he was fit including every game in the 5 game winning run

If I remember correctly in those 3 games Unai finally had a fully fit squad to choose from. It’s not a dig ar Buendia, it’s a squad game so he wouldn’t always start. My response was to a post that suggested he always has to start if available.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If I remember correctly in those 3 games Unai finally had a fully fit squad to choose from. It’s not a dig ar Buendia, it’s a squad game so he wouldn’t always start. My response was to a post that suggested he always has to start if available.

One of the games was Everton when he scored as a sub. Other 2 Bailey started

Is he ahead of Mings do people think? 

Mings seems to still be in USA, I assume getting more medical treatment. Buendia looks like he's very mobile already looking at that. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Is he ahead of Mings do people think? 

Mings seems to still be in USA, I assume getting more medical treatment. Buendia looks like he's very mobile already looking at that. 

Think was stated the week after Mings got injured was expected going to be out much longer than Buendia

I worried when I saw Emi walking down the corridor as Moreno stood waiting in his Halloween costume. I had an unreasonable pang of fear that Emi would fall backwards, overstretch one of his legs and lie there grasping his knee, while Moreno and the club social media bods just stood there.

If that entire line of reasoning doesn't sum up the often irrational pessimism of a Villa fan, I don't know what does.

I'm great fun at parties. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 01/11/2023 at 03:36, picicata said:

I think most Villa fans have that fear 

I suspect we'll see Buendia back in the squad sooner than expected, maybe March. 

I actually hope he and the club are deliberate and conservative with his rehab and return. We have seen both Ramsey and Moreno come back, only to promptly aggravate their injuries. 

Protect Emi and Tyrone and bring them back for preseason.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Something i've noticed from Emi that I think is quite rare in professional sport, is that he's always posting photos on matchday from the ground with an "up the Villa" or something like that. I can't immediately recall a long term injured player being as consistent in publicly supporting his teammates. Just shows the buy in and great culture we've got going at the moment, and obviously the character of Emi. Hope he's back soon.

Remember that cryptic tweet when Grealish left basically slagging him

• Like 2

Â