Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

30 minutes ago, weedman said:

Are we really arguing Buendia isn't good enough for us because he's not as good as prime Grealish and De Bruyne? One a £100m player and the other arguably the best player in world football?

The mind boggles

Edited by Thug

Lots of recency bias on here. Yes he was poor against Fulham but before that he was our best player against Brentford and one of our better players in our run. He was also fantastic last season when Gerrard kept picking and out of form Coutinho over him. I've lost count the amount of times hes played a great through Ball only for Ings or Watkins and latterly Ramsey to miss the one on one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Lots of recency bias on here. Yes he was poor against Fulham but before that he was our best player against Brentford and one of our better players in our run. He was also fantastic last season when Gerrard kept picking and out of form Coutinho over him. I've lost count the amount of times hes played a great through Ball only for Ings or Watkins and latterly Ramsey to miss the one on one.

People were criticizing him against Brentford because we didn't win and Bailey wasn't an available scapegoat

Buendia's a good, useful player in our team.  I wouldn't go as far as calling him brilliant but he's certainly not mediocre. My only real criticism of him is that he can fluff simple passes a little too often for my liking. 

It's either a first time lay off with the outside of his boot (invariably to the opposition) I hate it when he does this and always does.

Or it's 9 touches and getting into ego driven wrestling matches before he shoots or passes.

So annoying.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's either a first time lay off with the outside of his boot (invariably to the opposition) I hate it when he does this and always does.

Or it's 9 touches and getting into ego driven wrestling matches before he shoots or passes.

So annoying.

Back to goal lay off giveaway is his special move. Why he's not been told to cut it out is beyond my comprehension. 

37 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

Barely looks like a championship level player in this game.Worst player on the pitch.

He just blows hot and cold. Generally he's been good under UE but you'd like to think getting into europe will give us option to bring in another of his type and then rotate both depending on opposition.

I think teams are starting to realise if they get really tight and press Buendia he'd give it away plenty and if that happens Ollie is really starved of decent throughballs. We need to find a few other ways to get the CF in the game now.

• Like 1

I will never be convinced by Buendia, we need better imo but I’m not going to dig him out. He’s been fundamental to our recent 10 game unbeaten run. He’s running on fumes like a fair few in the squad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Such a frustrating player honestly for 40m you expect better and more consistency 

He has been better and more consistent in last four months.

However he's not the sort that will give the top defenders and DMs sleepless night, Casemiro found him very easy to handle today when he came into his space.

We need a decent alternative as too much on him to be the main creative source and link man to the CF.

He knew he was off it today as pretty rare to see him get subbed and not do a massive strop!

Edited by VillaChris

He has been my least favourite player since last season..

I also think that he shouldn't have the number 10 on the back of his shirt..

I would like to see him perform better but he just lacks the basics with the ball, just shows flashes..

His best moments were coming off the bench as a rotation player, hopefully we will sign someone in that position so that he can go back to being a rotation player..

• Like 3

Â