Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

15 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I think we are all waiting for something to click and for emi to reach a slightly higher level and consistency. If he didn't give the ball as away as much as he does in certain games we would think a lot differently about him. My hope is that he is still learning the timing of when to do the beundia thing vs the simple thing.

He's a key figure with most of the goal contributions after Watkins in team 3rd in form table under Emery. Anyone downplaying or minimizing his value to the team is stupid IMO 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Absolute horseshit.

So you’re saying Buendia is better now than Coutinho was at Liverpool, or even when he first joined us? 

I don’t doubt that Buendia might be a better choice to start for us, but he isn’t a better footballer than Coutinho. Not even close to be honest. 

Edited by Delphinho123

A rare off day today he also did NOT look happy at being subbed. I'm glad, no one should want to be taken off especially in the form we are in.

He will know he has some extra homework from emery tonight and be back again next Saturday in the starting line up.

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

A rare off day today he also did NOT look happy at being subbed. I'm glad, no one should want to be taken off especially in the form we are in.

He will know he has some extra homework from emery tonight and be back again next Saturday in the starting line up.

He punched the side of the dug out as he went in. 

Not his best match. Deserved to be subbed off. Could tell from a few of the misplaced opening passes. Seems that his temper that helps him can also hinder him when matches don’t start off his way. Needs to mature past that. 

Emery went mad at Buendia a couple of times for losing possession sloppily, and then hooked him. Buendia reacted with another strop. Think he could be one we move on in the summer.

I don’t think he was great today but I don’t think anybody was. So in that sense he wasn’t worse than many of the players. Nobody played as well as we know they can. 

As for his strop when going off, I think he was frustrated with himself. 

I’ve been one of his biggest critics in the past but I think he’s been doing well lately. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

17 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Think his anger comes from self-frustration to be honest rather than anger at the manager. 

Several times he was visibly angry with himself today. Guy wears his heart on his sleeve. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's a key figure with most of the goal contributions after Watkins in team 3rd in form table under Emery. Anyone downplaying or minimizing his value to the team is stupid IMO 

As you can see by todays performance he is not above criticism. I like emi and I think he is great.

No player should be happy being subbed. I don't think that's a negative at all. It was the right decision to sub him but it was more tactical than anything to sure up the midfield and hold on to what we got 

• Like 1

He wears his heart on his sleeve and thats why we love him. He'll know that it was a good decision by the manager. I like to see players unhappy at being subbed as long as they don't show up the manager or throw water bottles, etc.

• Like 1

Good point from Mat Kendrick that Emi seems to think the simple pass isn't good enough. 'He must do better.'

No, Emi. The right pass can be a 3 yard one back to Konsa. You don't have to try and win the game every time you touch the ball.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Good point from Mat Kendrick that Emi seems to think the simple pass isn't good enough. 'He must do better.'

No, Emi. The right pass can be a 3 yard one back to Konsa. You don't have to try and win the game every time you touch the ball.

That's something he'll need to mature in, and something which put Grealish well on the path to becoming world class from like 2017. Never a wasted pass. Every pass is the correct option at the optimal time with the optimal weight. 

I've been critical of Buendia these last few months but he's starting to show what he can do more consistently. It helps that Ollie is taking up good positions as the brilliant through balls show.

• Like 2

Â