Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Is it just me or did Emery blank him when he came off?

He did. But thats Unai. He is not the back slapping hugging kind of man. Probably totally focussed on the game. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wes said:

Rewatching the Chelsea game, he did a very good job applying a "Cover Shadow" (basically blocking the passing route) to whichever of the Chelsea midfield two he was tasked to. He was always looking around him both in both phases of play. He also did well infilling for McGinn and Ramsey in those wide midfield positions in the second bank of four if either of those two were caught out further upfield than him in an attack. Knew exactly what their responsibility were and what their assignments were in different scenarios (i.e. Chelsea winbacks overlapping or following an inside runner).

Just wanted to highlight a small part of his overall game I noticed from the weekend which is valuable to the way we currently set-up and want to play, particularly when playing away from home.

Yes, Kovacic and Enzo were very quiet for the whole game thanks in large part to Buendia’s assignment. 

Part of the reason Unai has felt free to start him in every league game is his versatility in all phases off and on the ball. 

Yes - the ball doesn’t stick to him as much as it needs to when he’s receiving a pass under pressure but there are other ways to contribute. 

26 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Yes, Kovacic and Enzo were very quiet for the whole game thanks in large part to Buendia’s assignment. 

Part of the reason Unai has felt free to start him in every league game is his versatility in all phases off and on the ball. 

Yes - the ball doesn’t stick to him as much as it needs to when he’s receiving a pass under pressure but there are other ways to contribute. 

He is one of the reasons why teams are not playing well against us. Tactically v v good. If he is in a postion where it makes it harder to play through us it makes the oppostions possible goal attempt just that little bit harder.

• Thanks 2

Â