Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

Buendia has better stats, assists and goals than Bailey, but both have suffered from injuries and idiot manager, Bailey more so.

I rate them both highly and am excited that we have them in the squad

Buendia has 1 goal and 0 assists in the PL this season. Football is about here and now, not last season. Fans can blame the previous manager all they want but at the end of the day Buendia simply hasn’t been good enough for the fee we payed. I really want him to succeed and am hoping Emery can get a tune out of him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WHY said:

Buendia has 1 goal and 0 assists in the PL this season. Football is about here and now, not last season. Fans can blame the previous manager all they want but at the end of the day Buendia simply hasn’t been good enough for the fee we payed. I really want him to succeed and am hoping Emery can get a tune out of him.

The point is you can't just cherry pick facts to make 'your opinion seem better' which most love on here, *Bailey did nothing last season, Buendia did better, now Bailey has started to show us what he is capable of this season but still far from consistent (yet). Buendia is only just getting some games under his belt and we look far better for him being in the team.

And yes we can and will blame the previous manager for being a giant bell end and persisting with Coutinho when he was doing nothing**

For balance who has been 'good enough for the fee paid?', I mean Diego Carlos 19 mil and he's done sod all in a Villa shirt - tch, simply not good enough eh***

Facts left out
*due to injury mainly
**mainly because the system didn't suit him and the whole team was playing terribly
***definitely due to injury

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

The point is you can't just cherry pick, Bailey did nothing last season, Buendia did better, now Bailey has started to show us what he is capable of this season but still far from consistent (yet). Buendia is only just getting some games under his belt and we look far better for him being in the team.

And yes we can and will blame the previous manager for being a giant bell end and persisting with Coutinho when he was doing nothing

For balance who has been 'good enough for the fee paid?', I mean Diego Carlos 19 mil and he's done sod all in a Villa shirt - tch, simply not good enough eh

Spot on. 

To add to that. The only player that has kicked on this season in the midst of all the dross is the player that wasn't even in the 11 at the start of the season. Luiz. Outside of Dougie, I'd say Bailey and Ming's have had great games the rest of the team have all under performed imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Forgive me, I'm not up for an argument. But Buendia is effing class

We've got to get the best out of him and so far we've failed miserably, it's frustrating as ****, even watching the WC and him from Brighton I felt bad for the guy like it was our fault he lost his place

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We've got to get the best out of him and so far we've failed miserably, it's frustrating as ****, even watching the WC and him from Brighton I felt bad for the guy like it was our fault he lost his place

He never had a place. Hasn't he been in one squad in total? Him getting into the squad was always going to be a long shot.

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

He never had a place. Hasn't he been in one squad in total? Him getting into the squad was always going to be a long shot.

Agree always a long shot, honestly don't know what the score was between him and macallister before this season, always felt like he was in more squads than played games so maybe they took a look at him and he didn't show enough, things like the corona travelling controversy I always felt like he had to take that chance cos he hadn't nailed the position down (funnily enough I thought the same about martinez, we'll never know how different that could have been)

But at the same time it feels to me like his international career has taken a step backwards under Gerrard

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree always a long shot, honestly don't know what the score was between him and macallister before this season, always felt like he was in more squads than played games so maybe they took a look at him and he didn't show enough, things like the corona travelling controversy I always felt like he had to take that chance cos he hadn't nailed the position down (funnily enough I thought the same about martinez, we'll never know how different that could have been)

But at the same time it feels to me like his international career has taken a step backwards under Gerrard

Gerrard was a disaster for sure. Buendia is a very different player to Mac Allister to be fair.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

things like the corona travelling controversy I always felt like he had to take that chance cos he hadn't nailed the position down (funnily enough I thought the same about martinez, we'll never know how different that could have been)

If the last few weeks have shown anything it’s how correct Martinez was in that decision, despite a great deal of moaning - and it’s a decision I think a couple of our fans on here still hold against him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If the last few weeks have shown anything it’s how correct Martinez was in that decision, despite a great deal of moaning - and it’s a decision I think a couple of our fans on here still hold against him. 

100%

With this argie FA and his position in the squad at the time no way could he chance it

Maybe even a reason the man likes it here and will stay, he and us both saw it for what it was

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Macallister isn’t his competition. The likes of alvarez and Di Maria were.

He's like a lot of our players, most of the squad in fact, that is good on his day but too inconsistent, same goes for all but a few of our players.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Â