Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

I thought he was great first half hour, was finding space in the final third brilliantly and they couldn't handle him until Casemiro did that scissor kick tackle on him.

Only issue is for space he gets into he makes some odd choices sometimes as to who to pass to and when. However we were spoilt for years with Grealish usually making the right decision in final third so that's just the level below of attacking players.

• Like 1

Overall, he's had a good game. A lot of our possession, and more importantly, our possession that carried intent, came through him. 

He gets caught sometimes and has one too many stray passes but if your looking for a player that does the same and doesn't make any errors then they are called Silva and used to play for Man City. 

He can be sloppy but his one touch play to full backs is class.

I can't grasp how you can have a player like Emi and not use him.

Football for all the great tactics and philosophy first and foremost us about running and out working your opponent.

He's a **** animal 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Difficult for me to criticise him as I didn’t see the game, but how many times did he give the ball away today?

Is he still our weakest link?

He wasn't great but you see glimpses of quality.

Think his confidence is low.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Difficult for me to criticise him as I didn’t see the game, but how many times did he give the ball away today?

Is he still our weakest link?

Classic Buendia. Looked our best player and our worst at different points....but a lot more good work than bad. 

He harried well and used the ball well most of the time...but then gave it away cheaply under no pressure that even some of our U11s wouldn't have done.

A score of 6.7 from Sofa Score seems about right.

Screenshot_20221106-185127.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Classic Buendia. Looked our best player and our worst at different points....but a lot more good work than bad. 

He harried well and used the ball well most of the time...but then gave it away cheaply under no pressure that even some of our U11s wouldn't have done.

A score of 6.7 from Sofa Score seems about right.

Screenshot_20221106-185127.png

77% isn’t great is it. Would like to see how that compares to Bailey and Ramsey. 

He wasn't at his best today but he was still crucial for the third goal, and his tenacity helped set the tone early. Wasn't it around this time last season that he really hit his stride after a run of games? I'm expecting the same again now 

The lad was probably just trying too hard, which i can understand, but he did decent and as usual threw himself in to the game.

Lets not forget, in nearly 1.5 seasons he has only started 3 or more games in a row two or three times before i think for us, the guy must be.....maybe not rusty.....but no way he can be fully in his groove with how often he has been benched in the last 12 months.

tbh, if Buendia was our biggest issue after beating Manure at home for the first time in 27 years, i'll take it.

The lad is clearly talented when on form, and he works like a trojan, i think Emery is going to love him, and when Emi 2 starts to feel loved and hopefully realises he is now a big part of the starting 11, he might, hopefully, improve further under Emery's guidance.

Â