Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We should not be piling on Buendia right now.

We're talking about a player who has played most of his football for us either coming off the bench or being played out of position.

He has shown time and again what he can do in games when he's allowed to play his game. Last weekend he looked like prime Jack to me - he was everywhere all over the pitch, covering loads of ground, winning fouls, making things happen, providing passes for assists, etc.

He's had an off game this week but wasn't the worst player out there. People saying we need an upgrade - no, not right now we don't, we have far more pressing issues elsewhere. 

Prime Jack last week, this site amazes me at times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gets a free ride on here. Probably because he’s our record signing, Argentinian and we beat Arsenal to his signature. He’s been poor at worst since signing and average at best. 

Doesn’t look physically capable at this level for me. 

We need better.

Where's this energy in the Coutinho thread. You've hedged your bets and you're not budging.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Two games back to back, give the bloke at least five before writing him off. Lunacy 

Two games in 6 days after playing a peripheral role from the bench since August. Yes, that’s quite the slog. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

Fair enough. I think he is now in the territory where he needs to either  kick on or be moved on.

His whole time here has basically been under Gerrard, who has ruined every player.

Buendia has played about 50% of the minutes McGinn has, he needs a run in the team and proper system around him. He's certainly not the problem, he works very hard but just can't do it for 90 mins. Wait until Kamara is back and we have a proper wide player to go with him and then we will see.

It’s somewhat refreshing to see Teflon Buendia get some criticism for a change. He was the bestest player in the world when he was barely playing. Now fans are starting to see why he signed for us and why he was playing for Norwich before that. Because he’s not that good that’s why.

Im not sure how many times we need to sign Championship sides’ best players to realise it’s a stupid transfer policy that doesn’t work. Hopefully it stops with Emery and I’m sure it will.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

He downed tools second half. He was bullied. Needs to toughen up or played from the right to give him more space? I would prefer him over Watkins in that position.

Yep, he didn't have his usual fight today. 

Emery will size him up the rest of the season. If he's deemed surplus, out he goes.

I hope he shines under Emery.

27 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

His whole time here has basically been under Gerrard, who has ruined every player.

Buendia has played about 50% of the minutes McGinn has, he needs a run in the team and proper system around him. He's certainly not the problem, he works very hard but just can't do it for 90 mins. Wait until Kamara is back and we have a proper wide player to go with him and then we will see.

I think he deserves more time with a new coach but lets not live in denial and make excuses for players. I am calling it as it is, not what I want it to be.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolute nonsense. Coutinho deserves criticism, without question, but I’ve yet to see Buendia play even one game at the level Coutinho has for us on a handful of occasions. Coutinho is inconsistent, no doubt, but he’s a far better footballer than Buendia is or ever will be. 

Buendia is mostly garbage. 

That's just not true. Ironically you're saying all this because he's a famous Brazilian who was world class in the Obama era and was our highest profile signing ever.

Coutinho has had about 5 good games in a Villa shirt, is costing us the same if not more over his 4 year contract (!), with no resale value and has looked abject for about 6 months now. Not a peep from you though. "He's inconsistent"...and Emi's been what? Consistently shit? I normally agree with you mate but you're waffling here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

That's just not true. Ironically you're saying all this because he's a famous Brazilian who was world class in the Obama era and was our highest profile signing ever.

Coutinho has had about 5 good games in a Villa shirt, is costing us the same if not more over his 4 year contract (!), with no resale value and has looked abject for about 6 months now. Not a peep from you though. "He's inconsistent"...and Emi's been what? Consistently shit? I normally agree with you mate but you're waffling here.

I’m really not waffling and I’ll refrain from it turning toxic.

Ok, perhaps I’ve been more complimentary of Coutinho when others haven’t been as kind but let’s leave him out out of the equation for a minute. We don’t have to talk about Coutinho to either prove or dispel an opinion on Buendia.

Buendia, for me, has been largely poor since his arrival from Norwich. That opinion is based on what I’ve seen, regardless of whether he’s been ill treated or not played in his preferred position. He’s been poor. I just don’t know how you can get away from that.

He might go on to be the greatest player this club has ever employed. Great. But right now, he looks like a colossal waste of money based on what I’ve seen over the past 18 months. 

And I was all in on him. I’m sure if you look back at my posts when we signed him, I was ecstatic. Probably without good reason, but we’d signed a young Argentinian who’d been courted by Arsenal and he was our record signing. I’ll go as far as to say I thought he could replace Grealish and perhaps even be better!

All of the positive posts on here tend to talk about what he COULD be played in this position, played in that position and under a new manager. It’s just excuse after excuse. 

I don’t rate him. I don’t think he has the physical attributes to be exceptional for us at this level. Too slow, weak and pushed off the ball too easily. You can’t teach those things.

Hope I’m proven wrong @Keybladebut this guy gets an easy ride. 

• Like 1

Unless he's playing really well and we give him the ball a lot when he is, he is a waste of a shirt.  I appreciate that you could ay that about anyone in the side but a number 10 is a luxury player and if it isn't working well, it's a waste of a shirt.  

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m really not waffling and I’ll refrain from it turning toxic.

Ok, perhaps I’ve been more complimentary of Coutinho when others haven’t been as kind but let’s leave him out out of the equation for a minute. We don’t have to talk about Coutinho to either prove or dispel an opinion on Buendia.

Buendia, for me, has been largely poor since his arrival from Norwich. That opinion is based on what I’ve seen, regardless of whether he’s been ill treated or not played in his preferred position. He’s been poor. I just don’t know how you can get away from that.

He might go on to be the greatest player this club has ever employed. Great. But right now, he looks like a colossal waste of money based on what I’ve seen over the past 18 months. 

And I was all in on him. I’m sure if you look back at my posts when we signed him, I was ecstatic. Probably without good reason, but we’d signed a young Argentinian who’d been courted by Arsenal and he was our record signing. I’ll go as far as to say I thought he could replace Grealish and perhaps even be better!

All of the positive posts on here tend to talk about what he COULD be played in this position, played in that position and under a new manager. It’s just excuse after excuse. 

I don’t rate him. I don’t think he has the physical attributes to be exceptional for us at this level. Too slow, weak and pushed off the ball too easily. You can’t teach those things.

Hope I’m proven wrong @Keybladebut this guy gets an easy ride. 

The physical side of his game is worrying and at what 25 ? Can’t see much scope for improvement. It’s no surprise we get turned over in possession when he takes it into crowded areas. I’ve no confidence in him to mind the ball. Grealish was as weak as a kitten our last season in the prem pre relegation and 1st in the championship. His strength is now arguably one his his biggest assists. He draws legitimate fouls. Doesn’t lose the ball like Buendia. 

Â