Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I just can’t see what everyone else sees with this guy. He is so wasteful in possession. He occasionally sets one up for us but In between sets up 3 or 4 counter’s for the opposition! My goodness our transfer dealings have been poor. 

This is exactly how I see him, the amount of times he kills us with a poor pass when either a simple one is on or the one he attempts isn’t either that hard, loves to under hit his passes as well. Some fans like him because he tries hard but it’s usually because he’s trying to win the ball back he’s needlessly gave away. 

Having said all that I would still give him the next few games. It’s not his fault we got battered today, the team in general is weak. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

We literally overpay for everyone.

I'm just waiting for the Kamara deal to be confirmed about 40m went to agents and families in lieu of a transfer fee.

Some decent ones though like martinez konsa bailey and cash

But generally i agree. 70m alone on bloody buendia and watkins 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I'd argue we overpaid for Emi after his CV and little football he paid. They've been some decent signings and value has gone up for some but I wouldn't say we got a good deal. We paid a market rate and somewhat inflated price at the time. Nobody went 25m for Emi - bargain! 14m and 12m for Championship players - what a coup

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The few sparks we had going forward invariably started with him. The drop off when Coutinho came on was extremely noticeable

We were 3-0 down and Newcastle we well on top at that stage. Both have been shit that is the problem. Buendia has a better work rate but Coutinho is better on the ball. Between them with wages they will have cost about £100m, breaks me to think we lost our talisman and spunked the money on these 2. 

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

To be fair to him, a lot of his good work today was undone by Watkins and his clown shoes.

Under a good manager, Buendia will shine. 

I agree.  We need to see some of these players with a good striker in front of them (good feet, good touch, smart footballing brain, ability to make and time runs, etc).  Too often the players up front aren't giving the players behind them any options.  I am unconvinced but it does look like sometimes things that Buendia is trying aren't coming off because other players aren't reading what he is trying.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

70m isn't that much for two starters these days, and neither of them are on massive wages (75k per week... we spend more on Digne's wages alone).

Watkins proved his value the last two seasons (but I agree he needs upgrading now), and the jury's still out on Buendia.

14 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

He downed tools second half. He was bullied. Needs to toughen up or played from the right to give him more space? I would prefer him over Watkins in that position.

Nah enough of this play him on the right, play him here, play him there. Like a previous poster has said - he’s got an easy ride so far. On the whole - he’s been poor. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nah enough of this play him on the right, play him here, play him there. Like a previous poster has said - he’s got an easy ride so far. On the whole - he’s been poor. 

Fair enough. I think he is now in the territory where he needs to either  kick on or be moved on.

So when we played him on the right and he didn’t perform it was Gerrards fault. When he played as a narrow 10 under Gerrard and he didn’t perform, it was the managers fault. Now he’s not performing as a number ten, and he isn’t because he was rubbish in the first half against Brentford despite what people say, it’s because he’s been in and out of the team, yeh?

Whats his best position then? Because I see a player that lacks pace and strength and loses the ball way too often. Where do you play a player like that?

Of all the players that have played poorly over the last 12 months, and there have been plenty, this guy gets every excuse under the sun. He’s been just as bad as Watkins, McGinn, Bailey and co.

Willing to give him a chance under Emery but my God, I don’t rate him anywhere near as highly as most on here. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So when we played him on the right and he didn’t perform it was Gerrards fault. When he played as a narrow 10 under Gerrard and he didn’t perform, it was the managers fault. Now he’s not performing as a number ten, and he isn’t because he was rubbish in the first half against Brentford despite what people say, it’s because he’s been in and out of the team, yeh?

Whats his best position then? Because I see a player that lacks pace and strength and loses the ball way too often. Where do you play a player like that?

Of all the players that have played poorly over the last 12 months, and there have been plenty, this guy gets every excuse under the sun. He’s been just as bad as Watkins, McGinn, Bailey and co.

Willing to give him a chance under Emery but my God, I don’t rate him anywhere near as highly as most on here. 

We need Buendia Bingo. More excuses made for this bloke than any other Villa player I can remember. 

• Like 1

We should not be piling on Buendia right now.

We're talking about a player who has played most of his football for us either coming off the bench or being played out of position.

He has shown time and again what he can do in games when he's allowed to play his game. Last weekend he looked like prime Jack to me - he was everywhere all over the pitch, covering loads of ground, winning fouls, making things happen, providing passes for assists, etc.

He's had an off game this week but wasn't the worst player out there. People saying we need an upgrade - no, not right now we don't, we have far more pressing issues elsewhere. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gets a free ride on here. Probably because he’s our record signing, Argentinian and we beat Arsenal to his signature. He’s been poor at worst since signing and average at best. 

Doesn’t look physically capable at this level for me. 

We need better.

not disagreeing with the fact that he needs to improve, but just look at Almirón across the pitch. It took him a few years to shine and now he's played like one of the best players in the league this year. Give him time and we've seen there is a very good footballer in him. 

Â