Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

He does not hurt teams as often because he does not get bloody played. In the last 10 games of the season when he came on with 20 minutes left we looked far more dangerous and creative. Surely you must see this

Absolutely no disrespect to you as you been watching the Villa as long as I have. I agree Couts is light weight. Emi is not liight weight he is the most tenacious bugger on the pitch. Have you seen how far the lad runs compared to the rest of them if he ever plays a full game

He is tenacious, but easily knocked off the ball too, at times......I like Emi and he will be around the squad and he will be playing. I am glad we have him.

but, He is not played for a reason and the managers job, relies on winning games, so its his call.

It doesn't matter how long we have been watching football....its what you look for...and I don't have a monopoly on being right.

I have no qualms about Playing Emi, but playing him and Couts leaves us a bit light on the ball.....both are good technicians, but at times power and pace are good attributes too.

I would suspect if you asked all the Premier League fans, who would you play if you only played one....I think the answer would be unanimous.

I do get your point though.....I too like Emi's industry which eclipses, Phils......its opinons and only one counts.

I would suspect the form of Leon Bailey, hasn't helped Emi's cause......but its a long season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He is tenacious, but easily knocked off the ball too, at times......I like Emi and he will be around the squad and he will be playing. I am glad we have him.

but, He is not played for a reason and the managers job, relies on winning games, so its his call.

It doesn't matter how long we have been watching football....its what you look for...and I don't have a monopoly on being right.

I have no qualms about Playing Emi, but playing him and Couts leaves us a bit light on the ball.....both are good technicians, but at times power and pace are good attributes too.

I would suspect if you asked all the Premier League fans, who would you play if you only played one....I think the answer would be unanimous.

I do get your point though.....I too like Emi's industry which eclipses, Phils......its opinons and only one counts.

I would suspect the form of Leon Bailey, hasn't helped Emi's cause......but its a long season.

People seem to forget it's a squad game, even more-so now with 5 subs.  Buendia will start some game, and some he won't, two seasons ago we were bringing Lansbury on to try and change a game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

People seem to forget it's a squad game, even more-so now with 5 subs.  Buendia will start some game, and some he won't, two seasons ago we were bringing Lansbury on to try and change a game.

It is. But people are also thinking towards the end of last season where he wasn't getting the opportunities to start many games, regardless of how Countinho player or how well he did when he had chances. 

I hope he's used a lot more. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Yes it is a squad game BUT certain members of the squad start games and others come on to change things.IMHO Emi should be starting and Coutinho comming on if we need to change things.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It is. But people are also thinking towards the end of last season where he wasn't getting the opportunities to start many games, regardless of how Countinho player or how well he did when he had chances. 

Yeah if Coutinho is offering very little and is still first name on the teamsheet every match whilst Bailey and Buendia sit on the bench Gerrard will lose support very quickly.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Yes because they do not watch us week in week out and are only aware of players such as Courtinho 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TRO said:

would suspect the form of Leon Bailey, hasn't helped Emi's cause......but its a long season

And Coutinho's the opposite! 

• Haha 1

Emi’s right footed so would be nice to see him out left. I know he tends to play on the right but would be interesting to see as I think he’d cause problems out there, especially with Digne alongside. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, burchy said:

Emi’s right footed so would be nice to see him out left. I know he tends to play on the right but would be interesting to see as I think he’d cause problems out there, especially with Digne alongside. 

I would just like to see him on the pitch anywhere apart from goalkeeper at the start of games

• Like 1

Wuen so many chances are spurned by our strikers at the moment then Emi needs to be on the pitch. He makes things happen. Rarely has a game where he doesnt make his mark on it these days. He is as creative as Jack was. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, useless said:

5 goals and 14 assists in 71 Premier League appearances it's not particulary great and something he needs to improve upon, especially the goal scoring side of things.

Come on. He's played in two struggling sides.

We weren't struggling last season after Gerrard came in, and plenty of players record better goals and assists than that in struggling sides. He's a very good player, but people sometimes go way overboard, and it's not really fair on the player, as as soon as he he has a run of games and doesn't live up to the hype there will be an unfair backlash against him, which is exactly what happened at the start of last season.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

5 goals and 14 assists in 71 Premier League appearances it's not particulary great and something he needs to improve upon, especially the goal scoring side of things.

Half of those games were for one of the worst sides in PL history and a third of them were sub apps. 

Don't make a Gana or Veretout-type mistake here. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I actually think it was Bailey keeping Buendia out of the team towards the end of the season ( even though he didn't deserve to be IMO )

So the problem for EMI now is that if Bailey has found the end product PLUS workrate it will be difficult.

Ideal scenario is having all 3 of them in there somehow..

I'd even be tempted to see if we could somehow use EMI as an 8, if it meant getting him in.

He has enough tenacity and energy about him for it IMO.

I rate Buendia, that doesn't change the fact that he needs to improve his goals and assists ratio, not sure how anyone can possibly disagree with that, if we have someone taking a place in our front three we need them to be scoring more than five goals over two Premier league seasons.

I also rated both Veretout and Gana, Gana especially, as I think most Villa fans did, so not sure what they have to do with anything.

His chance creation stats are consistently among the best. That's what he's in the side to do. He can definitely improve on his goal scoring, but assists are just as much on his strikers (*cough* Pukki *cough*) as they are him.

• Like 1

Â