Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

44 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Wanted him for ages when he was at Norwich, now we have him, absolutely love the guy.

I've not seen many players at all spot a through ball as quickly as he does. And then his execution and weight of pass is noamrlly superb. He's a likeable character, has a natural workrate, and he's going to be absolutely crucial for us.

Anyone who didn't rate him early on, I just don't understand it if I'm honest. But maybe I had an advantage as I knew just how good he was from his Norwich days.

Class is permanent!

He was getting caught in possession a lot in his first Villa games, that’s disappeared now and if anything he’s more likely to win balls than lose them.

He’s still making passes seemingly to no one sometimes, probably because he thinks faster than his team mates. That may be a downside with being so creative, and also why I don’t want him further down the pitch as an 8. Playing with high risk/reward is great but not too close to your own goal.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He was getting caught in possession a lot in his first Villa games, that’s disappeared now and if anything he’s more likely to win balls than lose them.

He’s still making passes seemingly to no one sometimes, probably because he thinks faster than his team mates. That may be a downside with being so creative, and also why I don’t want him further down the pitch as an 8. Playing with high risk/reward is great but not too close to your own goal.

ye, hopefully if we get a few players this summer, more on his wavelength, we will see some of these passes come off with more intelligent players around him, i do think sometimes, that his vision is one step ahead a lot of our squad.

Ings seems to be on the same wavelength though, and i would class Ings as an intelligent player.

Also Couts, ofc.

5 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Anybody else think he could play centre mid like Santi cazorla did? He can tackle to really well 

ye, i think he could defo play in the central 3, whether that would be his best position though is another question.

tbf tho, i would rather have him in the midfield 3, than not in the 11 at all, he's just too good not to be in the first 11.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, i think he could defo play in the central 3, whether that would be his best position though is another question.

tbf tho, i would rather have him in the midfield 3, than not in the 11 at all, he's just too good not to be in the first 11.

My thoughts to in a 4-1-2-1-2 him being the attacking right sided mid 

We have to work out a way to get Buendia and Coutinho on the same wavelength and playing in the same team together. Both are too good for a side like ours to be regularly missing out. Buendia lacks the pure technical ability of Coutinho and is more prone to sloppy moments, but he works 10x harder and that offers creativity in different ways, as well as providing the extra support to rest of the team helping out defensively which is always underrated 

34 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Anybody else think he could play centre mid like Santi cazorla did? He can tackle to really well 

Nah. He’d be gobbled up. Easy to forget many of the early instances in the season where Emi took too long on the ball and we got turned over. Too much traffic in centre mid and it’s much more physical. Where he was today was spot on. 

at the end of the day him and Coutinho can play together. Intelligent players can find a way to play together

Its not a Coutinho or Buendia question....Its a question for the manager

Brilliant performance, and great to see he’s won everyone over. This was my favourite signing of all time when it happened (along with Collymore, but least said about that one the better). Took a bit longer than I expected to settle, but the quality was always there. The through ball for the first was straight out of his time at Norwich. Got a bit lucky with his goal, but he’s earned it. 3 goals and 6 assists is a good return for his first season, that’s a goal contribution every 187 minutes, which is very decent. 

We must find a way to play both him and Coutinho, and I said in a different thread earlier in the week that Emi can play in midfield. He’s good enough defensively, and having another player in midfield who can actually play would be hugely beneficial. Obviously we’re miles away from their level, but Man City play Bernardo Silva in midfield, and Emi’s defensive stats are far superior to his. Obviously this is an extreme example, but there you go. You might have to sacrifice Ramsey if you did this, which is a shame, however needs must. 

Decent first season, and don’t worry, he’s just getting started! He’ll go down as a Villa legend by the end of his time here, I’m convinced of it. 

Edited by Rich192
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Brilliant performance, and great to see he’s won everyone over. This was my favourite signing of all time when it happened (along with Collymore, but least said about that one the better). Took a bit longer than I expected to settle, but the quality was always there. The through ball for the first was straight out of his time at Norwich. Got a bit lucky with his goal, but he’s earned it. 3 goals and 6 assists is a good return for his first season, that’s a goal contribution every 187 minutes, which is very decent. 

We must find a way toof o play both him and Coutinho, and I said in a different thread earlier in the week that Emi can play in midfield. He’s good enough defensively, and having another player in midfield who can actually play would be hugely beneficial. Obviously we’re miles away from their level, but Man City play Bernardo Silva in midfield, and Emi’s defensive stats are far superior to his. Obviously this is an extreme example, but there you go. You might have to sacrifice Ramsey if you did this, which is a shame, however needs must. 

Decent first season, and don’t worry, he’s just getting started! He’ll go down as a Villa legend by the end of his time here, I’m convinced of it. 

I think for all Buendia technical ability I think people love his fight just as much. He will chase every ball no matter if its 0-0 or 3-0

Coutinho is probably an even better technical player but off the ball I think he is not the best

Coutinho is still a more skilled and talented player but I think we are a better team with Buendia playing as he offers more over 90 minutes.

Would love for us to be able to play them both and I think we can, just need to have them not occupy the same space. 

For me Buendia starts every game.

• Like 1

With Buendia, Watkins and Ings as a 3 you get such a stellar defensive shift from them. I think they were excellent in cutting out a lot of the direct balls Burnley play, not giving them time.

Won’t be happy when he gets dropped tonight. 

Coutinho had his shot, Emi had to earn his chance via great sub appearances. Got his chance (although it was only to rest Countiho) and got man of the match.

Competition in the squad is good, you should keep your place if you earn it. 

Good managers are good at managing players. You always see it. 

Take Konsa, he had a mare against Spurs and we all said he needs to be dropped. Gerrard said to him, you are playing against Leicester so forget about that Spurs performance and go show me what you can do. He does well, gets the clean sheet. Then when he gets dropped for next game and Chambers is given a chance, he understands it's because his form hasn't been as good as he wanted but at least he played well in his last game and will get another chance soon. While Chambers gets his chance to impress still just a game later than people thought he would. 

Same goes for Buendia and Coutinho. Buendia was given his chance to impress on weekend and he took it. No Coutinho comes back in and has to raise his game or it's Buendia starting against Palace. It's what quality man managers do. 

• Like 1

On 08/05/2022 at 00:00, joshharris12 said:

I was thinking that we need a player just like him, someone who can retain possession under pressure and pick a pass. I don't think Buendia is that player, as he gets pushed off the ball and is prone to giving it away. 

Â