Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This js a brand new position for him. Never ever played as a 10 at Norwich. Was the best i have seen of him today but you have to temper it with the fact Brentford were pretty crap today bar the 2 goals 

I don't know that you can call what he did today as the #10 role...he was a wide forward.

2 hours ago, TomC said:

I don't know that you can call what he did today as the #10 role...he was a wide forward.

He definitely didnt play wide. He kept moving into the centre of the pitch. He wants to play as a 10 which doesnt really suit our system at all. Square peg. 

We need him to start scoring more goals, one in seventeen isn't good for someone who's playing in the front three. Because of how deep our midfield plays, it means if the wingers/wide forwards aren't scoring, we're too reliant on Watkins/Ings for goals. As it stands Buendia, Traore, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, and Bailey have only scored three league goals between them.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He definitely didnt play wide. He kept moving into the centre of the pitch. He wants to play as a 10 which doesnt really suit our system at all. Square peg. 

He cuts in from the side. That's typical for modern forwards.

It's interesting that some people on here say "he's not comfortable as a #10" while others say "he wants to play as a #10." I'm not saying that you, personally, are inconsistent, just that as a group, Villa fans see very different things in him.

Part of the problem is that calling someone a #6, #10, or whatever brings baggage with it going all the way back to the days of the W-M. That baggage doesn't always fit modern tactics.

5 hours ago, vreitti said:

He finally manages to actually produce something worthwhile and of course the regular villatalk wankfest is in full motion. It's hilarious how low we've fallen. Still no way near good enough for the money we've paid. 

He has 1 goal and 3 assists, in comparison Grealish has 2 goals and 2 assists.

The whole little build up and then pass from Buendia for our goal is exactly why I said a few weeks ago that he just has to play no matter what. 

There isn't another single player in our entire squad who could or would do that, without him it's pretty grim. Just have to accept his dodgy spells and hope his special moments start to translate more into full special matches soon. 

Obviously not reached that point yet but I think he's definitely getting better. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He has 1 goal and 3 assists, in comparison Grealish has 2 goals and 2 assists.

And if we judged Grealish purely on his Man City form, he wouldn't even have cost 20 million. 

Stop comparing Buendia to people who are quite clearly floundering as well.

54 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

And if we judged Grealish purely on his Man City form, he wouldn't even have cost 20 million. 

Stop comparing Buendia to people who are quite clearly floundering as well.

But he didn't. He compared him to the player he replaced.

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

Gerrard system puts the 2 players behind the strikers more narrowly than Smiths system.

Saying they play either wide or as a 10 are both correct and wrong. They play as both, generally stationed between the two positions.. Easy to spot in our defending, the two CMs are the ones out wide to defend while the two CAM/IF/wingers do it centrally.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, calcifer said:

This is the issue with this forum, there is so much negativity towards our players, they have a good game and oh they are still crap. There are about 30% of people on here that just troll, go support se some shite team like Leeds or SHA... 

I know it is a forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion but FFS when give the bloke a break. He played well, give some credit where it is due... 

I take offence to that haha! Nothing wrong with supporting Leeds!

Buendia is slowly starting to settle. It will continue to take time. He can do things that no other player in the Villa squad can do.

Ings is a much better fit for Buendia than Watkins. Watkins is a pretty "dumb" footballer, he never makes the right runs or plays the right pass, he's a bull in a china shop type of CF (who will score his goals, no doubt). In contrast, Ings has the intelligence to see the runs he should be making when Emi gets the ball, they link up far better as a pair.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, useless said:

We need him to start scoring more goals, one in seventeen isn't good for someone who's playing in the front three. Because of how deep our midfield plays, it means if the wingers/wide forwards aren't scoring, we're too reliant on Watkins/Ings for goals. As it stands Buendia, Traore, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, and Bailey have only scored three league goals between them.

It's 2 goals really though if you include the Leicester goal that the tip of Konsa's toenail caught. It was a great header from Buendia

• Like 1

Â