Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

4 hours ago, sne said:

Lots of talk about Dzeko moving to Inter to replace Lukaku and that Mourinho is looking at Tammy or Isak to replace him at Roma. Tammy I could see happening, Isak not so much.

That’d be a good move for Tammy I reckon.

Southampton have replaced Ings with Adam Armstrong for £15m. 28 Championship goals last season, 16 the year before, for a midtable Championship side, and he's only 24.

Same age we signed Watkins, with a better goalscoring record for a worse team, and a bit over half the price. Not a bad signing at all.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Southampton have replaced Ings with Adam Armstrong for £15m. 28 Championship goals last season, 16 the year before, for a midtable Championship side, and he's only 24.

Same age we signed Watkins, with a better goalscoring record for a worse team, and a bit over half the price. Not a bad signing at all.

He might be a good signing but his Championship record isnt better though 58 goals in 186 games while Watkins played season or two on the wing

Couple of transfers noticed through footballdatabase.eu: former Cardiff striker Andreas Cornelius has gone from Parma to Trabzonspor, and prolific Scottish striker Lawrence Shankland - who I recall we were tentatively linked with more than once in the Championship - has gone to Belgian side Germinal Beerschot, which I dunno, seems like kind of an unimpressive move? Maybe not?

A nice thing about that site is that, be you ever so mighty, you're just one transfer like any other:

spothim.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Couple of transfers noticed through footballdatabase.eu: former Cardiff striker Andreas Cornelius has gone from Parma to Trabzonspor, and prolific Scottish striker Lawrence Shankland - who I recall we were tentatively linked with more than once in the Championship - has gone to Belgian side Germinal Beerschot, which I dunno, seems like kind of an unimpressive move? Maybe not?

A nice thing about that site is that, be you ever so mighty, you're just one transfer like any other:

spothim.jpg

Highlight of Mansour Mboup career 😉

• Like 1

kubo has gone on loan to mallorca from real madrid, thought he'd be pushing for a higher level by now

jens petter hauge has gone on loan to frankfurt from milan

nainggolan released by inter

ugarte has joined sport for 6.5m, was a wonderkid a few years back

arne maier has joined augsburg on loan from hertha, so was he, not sure whats happened there

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

Anyone know why Hertha sold Luca Netz to Monchengladbach for only 3.4m? Was it the last year of his deal?

he said in the media earlier in the year that he had no interest in joining bayern and wanted to stay, its a weird transfer, some PL clubs should have been in for him, us included sending him back on loan maybe whilst we had young, long term challenger to Targett

• Thanks 1

Just went on Southampton's forum to see what they were saying about JWP, and half expecting it to be hair-on-fire panic, but actually seem quite relaxed. They mostly just expect a replacement for Vestergaard (no-one happy with rumours it might be Nat Phillips).

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

£20m move for a Liverpool reserve player? 

Might as well relegate them now 

Crazy talk. Rhian Brewster at Sheffield Utd and Dominic Solanke at Bournemouth prove that a few games for Liverpool instantly make you worth that amount of money.

• Haha 1