Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

6 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

'Forced'? Young man moving to one of the great world cities in Rome to work with one of the great managers, experiencing life in a fantastic culture, with plenty of time to develop as a footballer and human being. Seems like something of a dream to me.

Nah mate, he's basically exiled to the middle of nowhere, bet he's gutted he's not had the chance to move to Birmingham.

How many miles of canals in Rome, eh?

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Nah mate, he's basically exiled to the middle of nowhere, bet he's gutted he's not had the chance to move to Birmingham.

How many miles of canals in Rome, eh?

Bet he has Venezia vs Roma pencilled into his diaries for that 😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

'Forced'? Young man moving to one of the great world cities in Rome to work with one of the great managers, experiencing life in a fantastic culture, with plenty of time to develop as a footballer and human being. Seems like something of a dream to me.

If you read between the lines it's quite blatent he didn't want to leave the UK and even London. 

And experiencing cultures in exotic places isn't all young footballers dreams. Alot just want that UK Lad life. 

Might be your wet dream but I'm guessing your not a young lad. 

6 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

If you read between the lines it's quite blatent he didn't want to leave the UK and even London. 

And experiencing cultures in exotic places isn't all young footballers dreams. Alot just want that UK Lad life. 

Poor chap. I hear Nandos in town are advertising if he can escape.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

he could have just stayed at chelsea then...

i read between the lines and see a chelsea kid who fallen just short of his dream of being the star striker at his boyhood club for reasons that are 50/50 - they've just gone out and bought a £100m striker because thats what chelsea do but being blunt about it he's better than him - and he's disappointed to be moving which is quite natural

doesnt mean that he's being forced out though or that this isn't a good move for him, again being blunt its also his level...he's not the 1st choice striker at a CL / PL winning team, 1st choice striker of a 4th place chasing team is probably where he should be 

38 minutes ago, penguin said:

Why are Arsenal after Ramsdale, am I missing something?

Especially for the £30m or so being touted, he's looked absolute shite whenever I have seen him.

Because Arsenal have no idea about goalkeepers. Leno is absolute dreadful yet kept him instead of Emi. Then signed an Icelandic guy who makes Nyland look like safe hands. Now they want a shitter Pickford

All in 12 months 

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ramsdale is quite young, and has played a lot of football. I don't get it either, but clearly there are people in the game who think he's got good potential.

He has quite an impressive 3 relegations in 4 seasons as a starting keeper. The other one just about stayed up

Some moves that caught my attention yesterday:

Otasowie - Wolves to Club Brugge, 4 mil euros

Miazga - Chelsea to Alaves on loan

Sawyers - Olbiyun to Stoke on loan (his star really fell over the last 12 months!)

Cahill - to Bournemouth on a free

our former women's goalie Lisa Weiss has gone straight to Wolfsburg

On 21/08/2021 at 11:49, HanoiVillan said:

Some moves that caught my attention yesterday:

Otasowie - Wolves to Club Brugge, 4 mil euros

Miazga - Chelsea to Alaves on loan

Sawyers - Olbiyun to Stoke on loan (his star really fell over the last 12 months!)

Cahill - to Bournemouth on a free

our former women's goalie Lisa Weiss has gone straight to Wolfsburg

Miazaga still at Chelsea.:lol: I remember him playing v us in 2016 when they thumped us 4-0 with Loftus Cheek running riot.

No doubt in a few years he'll be giving an interview crying about missing out on US world cup 2026 squad because he was loaned to FC Siberia and how Chelsea ruined his career (like Lucas Piazon did a few months back https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9172119/Lucas-Piazon-slams-Chelsea-keeping-dark-future-nine-year-stint.html ) yet he's signed contract extension after extension despite knowing he has little chance of ever playing.

I know it's easy money but have more respect for someone like Guehi who had a good loan spell at Swansea, could've just gone back to Chelsea to play in league cup but wants to get his career going at top level so gone to Palace for 20m where he'll likely be on 60-80k.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sne said:

Xherdan Shaqiri  to Lyon for €10m

I might be alone in this (and I wouldn't want him at Villa), but I love Shaqiri.

Doesn't look like a footballer - often doesn't really even look like he WANTS to be a footballer - but will do absolutely outrageous things just for the fun of it.

Best Shaqiri Liverpool GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 1