Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

Loaded up FM 2016 last night because I want to take Villa up to the PL.

I bought Sam Johnstone ( GK ) for 4.5 million.Now Spurs want 160M for Kane.At this rate there will only be 2 divisions in English football by 2030

Varane to Manure a done deal. They are certainly going for it.

And Donyell Malen has completed his move from PSV to Borussia Dortmund,

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Varane to Manure a done deal. They are certainly going for it.

And Donyell Malen has completed his move from PSV to Borussia Dortmund,

Looking forward to seeing Buendia sitting him down on his arse, before squaring to Ollie to score.

Oles got nowhere to hide

Midfield isn't good enough imo but thats got to be a title challenging squad, actually challenging not just finishing 2nd, and deep in to the cups 

No doubt when they finish 3rd it'll be the glaziers fault 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Oles got nowhere to hide

I said to a UTD fan at work that I’m surprised by the timing of his new contract. You could argue that he has been firefighting for a year or two, but he has had time and backing now, this season will show if he’s got the minerals for it. Ridiculous to give him a new contract 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Oles got nowhere to hide

Midfield isn't good enough imo but thats got to be a title challenging squad, actually challenging not just finishing 2nd, and deep in to the cups 

No doubt when they finish 3rd it'll be the glaziers fault 

Yeah thought it would just be another season of Lindelof/Bailly mess ups but Varane is best deal they've pulled off for a very long time, him and Maguire should compliment each other very well and 40m for player of Varane's quality is a rare bargain by Man. United standards.

I agree on midfield. Looks like Pogba wants out now so someone like him downing tools won't be doing anything next season. If Fernandes gets injured for a few months they'll be hardly any creativity from central areas as things stand.

Sancho is more of the same, excellent for them in counter attacking games but not sure he'll be any better at breaking down mass defences.

Still think Chelsea will finish above them as they can win games in different ways as they showed under Tuchel last 4 months.

Surprised by it too, was linked with a load of European clubs

Atlanta have a history of getting some decent Argentinians though but what they don't have is a track record of prepping them for Europe, barco starting his 3rd year there, I think only almiron has made that SA MLS Europe journey via Atlanta 

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Joachim Anderson to Palace from lyon 17.5m

Bettinelli to Chelsea from Fulham 

Some list of Chelsea 3rd/4th reserve keepers in last 20 years under Abramovich (and hilariously due to injuries some of them actually played in big european ties for them). Can think off top of my head Ambrosio, Hilario, Ross Turnbull, Rob Green, Neil Sullivan.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Some list of Chelsea 3rd/4th reserve keepers in last 20 years under Abramovich (and hilariously due to injuries some of them actually played in big european ties for them). Can think off top of my head Ambrosio, Hilario, Ross Turnbull, Rob Green, Neil Sullivan.

World Cup winner Marco Amelia and never got a game, was only about 33

• Like 1

Wasn't Bettinelli highly rated a few years back? Pretty sure he was in goal when Fulham beat us in 2018 and was getting England call ups. Then they signed those two awful Spanish keepers which summed up their transfer strategy and he wasn't seen again.

Just looked up he was regular at Boro last season so guess he has young family and fancies a stress free few years back in London.