Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Forced into spending because even they can both see now how competitive that end of the table is getting with us, Leeds, WHU, Everton, Leicester

If the £160m for Kane is accurate then they can afford it! 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Absolutely not a **** chance do man City spend £160m on Harry Kane 

The rags are getting desperate 

I saw one suggesting Kane will go on strike 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Absolutely not a **** chance do man City spend £160m on Harry Kane 

The rags are getting desperate 

Breaking their club record by £100m seems pretty unlikely. Would take the idea of trying to get Grealish off the table though. 

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

They’d be stupid to pay that… may as well go for Haaland or Mbappe…

Yeh exactly. No resale value either. Kane will push through the transfer. If they spend £150m+ on Kane, I can’t see them spending another £100m+ on Grealish.

People talk about them selling players to raise funds but there isn’t a lot of money in the market at the moment and their players are all high earners so will be tough to shift. 

I think there is a chance Grealish will leave for City but it would require two astronomical deals for Man City to pull off. 

8 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

The Sun reporting Kane off to Cit£h for 160 million. Article seems like utter tripe, rumour come from some pissed up wedding guest. Yet, if true, surely would put dampener on Grealish to Cit£££££££hhhhhh (est 2008).

I could be completely wrong but I'm slightly suspicious with that FFP article on BBC regarding Man City that they can't actually spend loads on players regardless of journo bluster 

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That said if City pay £160 million plus 400k per week for Kane they've been mugged off. The guy has had serious foot injuries twice in last few seasons

Would be hilarious if all true and he was crocked within a month.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2021 at 13:29, villa4europe said:

Crystal Palace have signed Marc Guehi from Chelsea for £20m

Not a clue how these big teams do it, been there 12 years, never kicked a ball for them, spent 2 years on loan at Swansea, somehow a £20m footballer 

Villa can't do that, no team outside of these so called big 6 can do it, balances their books nicely to set them up for more spending 

Its bullshit 

It's literally how I play in PES Master League. I feel bad when I do it as I feel like I'm cheating. You get highly rated regens in your academy. I don't play them, put them up for sale and then pocket nice little transfer fees that help me balance the books. The big 6 clubs just take the piss and everybody just watches. It's shit.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The owners can afford it but I doubt the club can with FFP (unless they sell some players).

Doesn't seem to apply to all teams does it? See PSG.

And even then the punishment is probably tolerable

4 hours ago, Genie said:

The owners can afford it but I doubt the club can with FFP (unless they sell some players).

Unfortunately FFP won't stop them.

They already generated £46m FFP profit from selling fringe and academy players this summer.

That's enough to cover amortisation costs of £230m worth of signings this year. freed up aguro wages would cover Jack's wages. One more squad player sale and they will balance incoming Kane in the FFP budget.

We need to hope Jack wants to stay and see the project out with us.

See my post here https://www.villatalk.com/topic/20719-finances-ffp-202021/?do=findComment&comment=3403060

Edited by Czarnikjak

Not many transfers have grabbed my attention in the last couple of days, but two players leaving the English game are Mario Lemina (Southampton to Nice for I think £5.5m) and Patrick Van Aanholt going to Galatasaray on a free after his Palace contract ended.

Some old FM where are they now signings

Tin jedvaj has joined lokomotiv from leverkusen for 4m

Jorge has left Monaco on a free and signed for palmieras 

Andrea Poli from bologna to a Turkish team I can't spell on a free