Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

6 hours ago, ml1dch said:

It was rather thoughtful of Bruce to develop Johnston for Man Utd rather than developing Gollini for us.

Like has been said in another thread in On Topic, he came with the proviso of working with an Italian GK coach who Di Matteo had chosen. When he got the boot and Bruce brought his own team in, the terms changed and hence why he went back to Italy. If the coach had stayed, so he would have well.

To be fair to Bruce (unfortunately), I don’t think he necessarily had a choice to get a new GK, and for what it was worth, Johnstone was not too bad for where we were at that stage! 

With Gollini I never had a problem and you could see the potential, it just wasn’t the right circumstances. 

• Like 1

The transfer fees are utterly bonkers, but, from a football finances point of view, the issue is the wage inflation that has gone with it. We've seen how this has caused Barca so many problems. It also leads to these mad situations whereby players who have barely any experience are being paid ever more gigantic amounts of money.

Wayne Hennessey signed for Burnley 

Marko Grujic to Porto from Liverpool 12m

Onyeka to Brentford 10m

Scott Carson resigned for man city

Brahim Diaz on loan to Milan from Real Madrid 

Melvin Bard to Nice from lyon 3m - Nice will be intersting next season 

Steven berghuis to ajax from feyenoord 5m

Nmecha to wolfsburg from man City 8m

Bornauw to wolfsburg from koln 12m

Vanheudsen who inter sold last summer, bought back this summer has now gone out on loan to genoa, I hate that kind of shit 

Adrian Fein to furth on loan from bayern 

More 'forgot about them' transfers: Christian Atsu has left Newcastle for a Saudi club, Famara Diedhiou has left Bristol City to go to Alanyaspor, and Pablo Hernandez has gone to a Spanish third division side (I was going to gently laugh about that last one but looking I see there's some clubs that I always assumed were quite big now playing at that level, like Deportivo La Coruna and Racing Santander). 

54 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

More 'forgot about them' transfers: Christian Atsu has left Newcastle for a Saudi club, Famara Diedhiou has left Bristol City to go to Alanyaspor, and Pablo Hernandez has gone to a Spanish third division side (I was going to gently laugh about that last one but looking I see there's some clubs that I always assumed were quite big now playing at that level, like Deportivo La Coruna and Racing Santander). 

Hernandez signed for the club he owns in his hometown, I say fair play to him

The Spanish 3rd tier on another note is not an easy league to get out of

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hernandez signed for the club he owns in his hometown, I say fair play to him

The Spanish 3rd tier on another note is not an easy league to get out of

Didn't know he owned it! Yeah, fair play, that's a nice way to spend the last year(s) of your career. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Spurs are linked with Romero now from Atalanta, get him and Gollini and a big upgrade on what they have. Incredibly the last 2 managers never got this backing

They need a centre back desperately, but I thought Hugo was one of their best players last season.

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

Spurs are linked with Romero now from Atalanta, get him and Gollini and a big upgrade on what they have. Incredibly the last 2 managers never got this backing

Isn't Romero on loan from Juventus or did Atalanta buy him outright and decided to do a quick flip given he's regular for Argentina now?

You'd think Juve would keep him there for one more season and then recall him to take over from Cheillini-Bonucci.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Isn't Romero on loan from Juventus or did Atalanta buy him outright and decided to do a quick flip given he's regular for Argentina now?

You'd think Juve would keep him there for one more season and then recall him to take over from Cheillini-Bonucci.

Atalanta had an option to buy .Juventus still have De Ligt and Demiral

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Demiral actually feels like one they could shift to premier league for a huge fee as he's very very good in aerial duels, rest of his defensive game isn't so great so would just move him on in 12 months and get back Romero.

13 hours ago, sne said:

Swedish midfielder Kristoffer Olsson going to Anderlecht from Krasnodar. 4 year contract.

I believe I read Krasnodar are also buying Jhon Cordoba from Hertha.

• Like 1

The Sun reporting Kane off to Cit£h for 160 million. Article seems like utter tripe, rumour come from some pissed up wedding guest. Yet, if true, surely would put dampener on Grealish to Cit£££££££hhhhhh (est 2008).

• Like 1

On 21/07/2021 at 21:39, Zatman said:

Price being touted at €55m by Fabrizio. N London dropping a few quid on CB’s at the moment if that’s true. 

2 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

The Sun reporting Kane off to Cit£h for 160 million. Article seems like utter tripe, rumour come from some pissed up wedding guest. Yet, if true, surely would put dampener on Grealish to Cit£££££££hhhhhh (est 2008).

They’d be stupid to pay that… may as well go for Haaland or Mbappe…

• Like 2