Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

14 hours ago, a m ole said:

I think Nat Phillips didn’t get anywhere near enough respect for stepping into that Liverpool side and how he played, especially from Klopp to be honest.

Should be £5m though.

Klopp was very, to a point of parody praising his performances.

Every week was almost word for word 'can we talk about Nat Phillips I mean wow what a guy wow done a really really super super job for us'

2 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Klopp was very, to a point of parody praising his performances.

Every week was almost word for word 'can we talk about Nat Phillips I mean wow what a guy wow done a really really super super job for us'

It was only February when he started playing him regularly and it was weird over the top praise. Earlier in the season he kept playing him because he had to then immediately dropping him after good performances.

not been regsitered in the real madrid 25 appranetly so he's done there, neither has ceballos or vallejo

i thought he was just ok at arsenal, player in there but not pulled up any trees or doen anything that exciting, maybe because he's a kid who came in on loan in jan, their fans seem really excited by him though, beating maddison and aouar in who do you want polls, surprised by it, maybe they think that because of the squad registration thing theres a good deal to be had

I always wondered where ESR was going to fit in at Villa if he had signed. I assume at 10. Would that have meant Buendia to RW?  Then no Bailey?

Edited by Xela

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always wondered where ESR was going to fit in at Villa if he had signed. I assume at 10. Would that have meant Buendia to RW?  Then no Bailey?

Bailey can certainly play LW. He did play there for Bayer a lot, although not last season .  So it could have been Bailey-esr-buendia behind Watkins. 

Spurs apparently bid £55m for Pau Torres and also linked with a £60m move for Martinez of Inter. 

Having signed Romero, there is only one way they are going to pay for those players - with the expected Kane windfall

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Spurs apparently bid £55m for Pau Torres and also linked with a £60m move for Martinez of Inter. 

Having signed Romero, there is only one way they are going to pay for those players - with the expected Kane windfall

Swapping Kane for Martinez and improving the defence with Romero and Torres. I reckon that would make them a better team overall. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Swapping Kane for Martinez and improving the defence with Romero and Torres. I reckon that would make them a better team overall. 

Agree. I think the loss of Kane to Spurs would be nowhere near the loss of Jack to us IMO.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Agree. I think the loss of Kane to Spurs would be nowhere near the loss of Jack to us IMO.

Agree. Although I think Ings, Buendia and Bailey are worth more to us than just Jack who is usually out for 10+ games a season as we're less one dimensional.

On 12/08/2021 at 21:50, Zatman said:

Dumfries signed for Inter, he had a good Euros and fits the tactics

Not bad for a club going into liquidation. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I dunno, stats wise kane was top scorer and top assists last season in the league wasn't he? 

Spurs should be fine and find their level

Their problem is that their level is 5th...nuno needs a cup, even if its the europa conference 

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not bad for a club going into liquidation. 

Not going into liquidation, that was social media bollocks. Chinese owners want them to be self sufficient. Hakimi out for 80 million and Dumfries for about 12 is good business 

• Like 1