Breakaway League

Jareth

42 minutes ago, richp999 said:

This was probably the idea all along.

Massive smoke screen ,making everyone grateful because we now 'only' have a small change to Cl qualifying rather than a whole new league. 

They must be laughing thier b*llocks off. 

Give it a couple of years to become the norm, then the 'elite' team places get expanded, until they all qualify every year anyway. 

Then increase thier share of cash.. And what have you got? 

A European super league. 

Makes you wonder. All the planning and cost that would have gone into this and then to fold so quickly🤔

They must have realised this would be massively unpopular but the promise of the riches completely over rode the decision. I doubt the other 4 will go as quickly and AC Milan don't have a lot to you know what in so they will be in it till the very end.

Personally they can all go, I don't watch them unless they are playing us so I won't be missing them.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

It wouldn't feel right to punish the supporters of these clubs by point deductions or being kicked out of Cups. What needs to happen is for the owners to fined up to their eyeballs and/or forced to sell and never be able to buy a football club in Britain ever again.

Disagree, the club needs to be punish, this will make all future custodians aware not to mess with the fans as the fans will be pissed. And like someone said before, clubs have been punished heavily for less then this because of actions of the execs. 

Send all 6 to league two with 20 point deduction and let them earn the right to be in the top table and see what it means to earn it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It wouldn't feel right to punish the supporters of these clubs by point deductions or being kicked out of Cups. What needs to happen is for the owners to fined up to their eyeballs and/or forced to sell and never be able to buy a football club in Britain ever again.

I think they should in the same way that Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan get docked points. That's not the fault of their players, staff or fans either but if it applies to them it should also apply to Liverpool and co.

• Like 1

Just now, StanBalaban said:

I think they should in the same way that Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan get docked points. That's not the fault of their players, staff or fans either but if it applies to them it should also apply to Liverpool and co.

Fair enough. If it helps increase pressure on Henry, Kroenke,  Levy et al, good. **** those guys.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Actually if this ended with Liverpool being the only club in the ESL and they are forced out of the PL it would be a blinding result.

They’ll have to change their anthem to

”We only walk alone”

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

They must have realised this would be massively unpopular but the promise of the riches completely over rode the decision. I doubt the other 4 will go as quickly and AC Milan don't have a lot to you know what in so they will be in it till the very end.

Personally they can all go, I don't watch them unless they are playing us so I won't be missing them.

Milan, Spurs, Arsenal and Juve playing each other for the 16th time this season to find out who is the best at soccer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Not sure Chelsea and Man City should be commended for backing out of something that was so obviously going to be a huge business **** up!

Honestly what goes through these peoples heads to think signing up for something like this would be a good idea... and they earn fortunes to make these decisions, shocking. 

Lets remove the competition from sport, lets just win all the time. People love to see us win!

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

3 year European ban for all participants would be perfect. Give other teams a chance to get in, get the players and when they come back there’s a bit more parity in these leagues. Reform from there.

I'm sure Perez will be happy, after all it will create more excitement 

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Apparently these clubs are in legally binding contracts.

Yeah, I do hope there some juicy legal wrangling on the way. Few hundred million in legal fees to push one or two of the bastards over the edge. 

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Their own fans want harsh punishments for the clubs to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Â