Breakaway League

Jareth

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I feel that nothing the other 14 members of the PL come up with will matter to the ESL6.   They will just do what they want, get lawyers involved and ride it out for a year or two until everyone just gets used to the idea of the ESL.

And I doubt the PL14 are going to come to a hardline consensus anyway.

See I think the ESL6 will crack.  The 14 members know they have everybody behind them from the government, media, players and the fans.  They can threaten anything and will get support.  The government can introduce news laws and given both sides of the aisle are in agreement it could pass very quickly.  ESL6 are about to hit a brick wall and no lawyering is going to help them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wouldn't punish the clubs, I'd punish the individuals - life bans from football activities for the CEO's at each club - so the likes of Woodward and Levy are never allowed to work in football again, and similar punishments for the owners, restricting what they can and can't do in terms of how they relate to their football clubs or banning them from football activities altogether and forcing them into a position where they'd need to sell.

Don't hurt the fans, don't hurt the players, this isn't on them.

Hmm I dunno, example have to be made. If it’s just for the CEO’s... then a lot of people are not going to care after a month or two.

This has to be a huge punishment to deter this ever happening again. 

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Expulsion. They can return at the bottom of the pyramid.

Whilst it's hard to punish the club for the actions of the owners, ultimately the owners actions are entirely to benefit the clubs and I don't think there's a way of forcing them to relinquish their businesses. And there has to be a real punishment - a fine is meaningless, points isn't enough. They've tried to kill the entire football pyramid. That has to be stamped on, hard.

Wouldn't be the first time for Juve either...

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Can someone explain why it’s the owners who should be targeted here as opposed to the clubs?

The clubs as a legal entity belong to the owners. The clubs as a more abstract construct belong to the fans.

Just now, Zatman said:

Doubt it, he isnt welcome at Malmö anymore and has shares in Hammarby 

they'd be stupid not to allow him back, but Malmö will be Malmö. I personally thought it was hilarious that he bought shares in Hammarby instead and loved it.

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Now you're **** talking. This makes a real difference.

Need Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, whoever to also now say they aren't interested.

Make them do it totally on their own. Build your own streaming platform. Then we'll see how big your bollocks are.

Now Amazon really are a company who could make something to rival the ESL.   Cut a deal with the remaining clubs and build something new.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

The clubs as a legal entity belong to the owners. The clubs as a more abstract construct belong to the fans.

I do agree but i think the clubs need a punishment as an example for the future 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I do agree but i think the clubs need a punishment as an example for the future 

I'm in agreement, I wasn't offering it as my opinion but an explanation as to why some see it that way

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Depends on your definition of improve, I suspect.

There's only two ways it improves our league.

1. It goes ahead, players don't want to play in it so they all flock back to the normal domestic leagues and we all carry on as normal without those teams.

2. It doesn't go ahead and the teams are all heavily heavily punished for their involvement.

I can't see how any other scenario will improve our league. It will make it significantly worse.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It would be more competitive but of a lower standard. A championship 2.0.

Depends if you think that is a good or bad option.

It would be the top tier of English football and we would have a great chance of winning it.

Sounds great.

Â