Breakaway League

Jareth

Just now, bickster said:

I suspect its more a case of lawyers and agreeing the legal case for their strategy. I doubt there's any lack of broad agreement. They'll be listening to what is possible under the current framework and what they made need to change and how to go about those changes legally.

I can't say I'm as confident they're all going to be heading into this meeting pitchforks alight. Steve Parish when interviewed yesterday was talking about them being 'good guys' and 'we don't need to be hasty'.

If this breakaway stays the way it is and all these clubs stay in the PL, at the least I will send back/sell my ticket for every game we play against those 6 clubs. There's a good chance I'll give up on football altogether. 

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Once the 14 clubs agree on something.   Which may take a while, if they can even ever agree.

I dunno. The traitors have basically kicked the legs under the very foundation of the sport, they have removed the very concept of competition, while taking away the possibility of million and millions from the remaining 14 clubs. I'd imagine they could agree on something very quickly.

I think the reason why things may take time is because they don't want to overreact when there's a lot of talk going on between UEFA, FIFA, the PL and FA, and now even the politicians getting involved. It's not a time for the remaining 14 clubs to act without being absolutely sure it's the right thing to do. Making their individual voices heard is probably enough until more is said from the organisations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Will be interesting because I think kicking them out benefits a lot of teams throught the league, bottom 5 for example will all stay up if thats the case so it might be unanimous 

Stay up into what though? The sky money as it is won't be there.  They're going to want to know a little more about what the future looks like without the scummy 6.

I think there will be a split between the likes of us and Everton who will want to go it alone and the smaller teams who were always happy just to be in there hanging on to coat tails anyway. 

I still think the most likely scenario right now is this thing takes off.

It takes off and kills football.

It's going to need serious intervention from government and players to stop it.

• Like 2

Fixture planning would be interesting.

Two groups of ten playing home and away is eighteen fixtures, then potentially three rounds for the finalists - it's 21 midweek games in a 40 week season.

If the continental teams want to retain a winter break, it's 21 in 37 - and within those 37 midweeks there would be two or three that would be international weeks.

If they stay in the league, I'm guessing that the six would never play a midweek league game and would never be available for midweek or Monday night football, which means they wouldn't be on TV as often in the Premier league - which again would devalue the Premier league TV deal.

It would also make it next to impossible to fit in a league cup, or fit in FA Cup replays.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they ask not only to continue to play in the league, but also ask for it to be reduced to eighteen teams.

1 minute ago, Delphouneso said:

I can't say I'm as confident they're all going to be heading into this meeting pitchforks alight. Steve Parish when interviewed yesterday was talking about them being 'good guys' and 'we don't need to be hasty'.

Yesterday's news is today's chip shop wrapping. I think resistance will harden very quickly

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Pep’s words ring hollow if he doesn’t resign 

I am sorry but why would Pep or Klopp resign? I would be staggered if they do.  

They have been happy to be in the trough for years I would not trust the crocodile tears of either to be honest.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I dunno. The traitors have basically kicked the legs under the very foundation of the sport, they have removed the very concept of competition, while taking away the possibility of million and millions from the remaining 14 clubs. I'd imagine they could agree on something very quickly.

I think the reason why things may take time is because they don't want to overreact when there's a lot of talk going on between UEFA, FIFA, the PL and FA, and now even the politicians getting involved. It's not a time for the remaining 14 clubs to act without being absolutely sure it's the right thing to do. Making their individual voices heard is probably enough until more is said from the organisations.

hard to say because they wont instantly know the financial ramifications of kicking them all out, the 6 bring a lot of money to the PL, the other 14 could slit their own throats here

and for that reason alone id be amazed if they kicked them out at all let alone today, i think they'll denounce it and give them a deadline to also denounce it or face further punishments which arent detailed

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

If this breakaway stays the way it is and all these clubs stay in the PL, at the least I will send back/sell my ticket for every game we play against those 6 clubs. There's a good chance I'll give up on football altogether. 

Yep I'd go away from English football. I've stuck by Villa since 92 even if I felt the money and unfair conditions to compete, was ruining a sport I loved. But this is taking it to the level where they remove the ability to compete. Then there's no point anymore. 

Only way I'd keep watching English football was if all remaining clubs started their own league.

Surely you have to kick them out the PL. You can't let these teams have their cake and eat it. 

I know there will be short-term pain. Sponsors/Sky will scream and demand rebates, etc - but it's for the long-term good of the domestic game. There is literally no point these sides being in the same league as the rest.

If you can't stop the Super League, let these clubs become plastic franchises streaming content to Asia. Football existed before Sky branded it. Protect the integrity of the game and people in the UK will watch. I personally won't really miss having 100k Egyptians commenting on every Facebook post. 

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

hard to say because they wont instantly know the financial ramifications of kicking them all out, the 6 bring a lot of money to the PL, the other 14 could slit their own throats here

and for that reason alone id be amazed if they kicked them out at all let alone today, i think they'll denounce it and give them a deadline to also denounce it or face further punishments which arent detailed

The TV deal will run to 2024 anwyay, so they remaining 14 clubs including some champ clubs could spend the next 3 years adapting to a new dawn.

Even if the TV deal wasn't there I wouldn't be worried. I'm sure these clubs would prefer that to the alternative, which is football is gone.

1 minute ago, Cizzler said:

SKY will scream and demand rebates

I'm not sure they can. They are as much at threat as are the clubs right now. To then remove money from the game for the remaining teams would absolutely be shooting themselves in both feet at once.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Stay up into what though? The sky money as it is won't be there.  They're going to want to know a little more about what the future looks like without the scummy 6.

I think there will be a split between the likes of us and Everton who will want to go it alone and the smaller teams who were always happy just to be in there hanging on to coat tails anyway. 

Sky deal still runs for 3 years still, thats a lot of money for Sheffield United, Burnley, West Brom and Fulham to risk losing out on. Newcastle will take anything with money :D  

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am sorry but why would Pep or Klopp resign? I would be staggered if they do.  

They have been happy to be in the trough for years I would not trust the crocodile tears of either to be honest.

That’s my point: they can try to win fans back but both will profit massively from this breakaway. Their statements mean nothing. 

Â