Breakaway League

Jareth

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

pep apparently not taking questions regarding super league today

Listening to it now and it's all about the Super League.

Pep is diplomatic but he's clearly not a fan of it. Says he want's more information before he makes definite statements but he doesn't like it.

Pepe talking about playing the Champions league as if he's also not part of a club that's trying to kill it.

I'm really struggling to look at anything that features one of these six clubs without becoming really, really angry.

I am quite sure that I would struggle if I were at Villa Park tomorrow not to get involved in something quite unsavoury.

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

United’s stock value shot up yesterday with the news, I’m sure others did. That’s more interesting to them than that BoJo and others do. 

Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread. 

Same shite we had from Klopp - they vaguely fart around with saying they're against it so that they don't get beaten up next time they go out for dinner, but at the same time both make shady accusations that UEFA are to blame for not having given the clubs what they want.

F*** em both. If I see you in the Harvester Pep you're getting it!

• Haha 1

I don't know what more anyone expected Pep to say to be honest, I thought he was pretty damning of it. "It's not a sport when the relation between the effort and reward doesn't exist. It's not a sport if the success is guaranteed. It's not a sport if it doesn't matter if you lose."

Would it be better if he and all of his players refused to play until the club backs down? Absolutely. Is it a fair thing to expect? Probably not. 

• Like 3

Pep has just compared the decision to join a Super League to the decision not to allow more substitutions made by other Premier League clubs (not the first time I've seen this comparison made).

These big clubs, their managers and their fans genuinely believe that everyone should bend over backwards to give them even more advantages than they already have.

This has to be the chance to try and level the playing field. Unfortunately I very much expect this to fall apart and the other 14 clubs to welcome back the 6 naughty boys with not a single repercussion.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

5 year transfer embargo, relegation, 100 points deducted for next season and banned from Europe for 5 years. Aside from banning them from the prem that is the best course of action I can think of. 

For god sake man, don't sit on the fence!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Same shite we had from Klopp - they vaguely fart around with saying they're against it so that they don't get beaten up next time they go out for dinner, but at the same time both make shady accusations that UEFA are to blame for not having given the clubs what they want.

F*** em both. If I see you in the Harvester Pep you're getting it!

That's about the best they can do to say they are against it, without blatantly going against their employer in public to the world.

• Like 1

Intrigued to see what the UK Government do. They've been building up expectations quite dramatically and to the extent that failure to stop the league now would be seen as much more their fault than it would have had they stayed a bit quieter and not made any commitments. Might all be PR games still but I am curious.

• Like 1

My best-case scenario:

They've signed something binding, or they just don't care, and go ahead. PL and UEFA kick them out, and Johnson drops a legal bomb banning unsanctioned matches from happening in the UK. All six clubs move their franchise to some oil-money hole elsewhere in the world. Players abandon it in time, and it slowly dies a death. Phoenix clubs rise with proper fans and work their way back up over the years.

My worst-case scenario:

UEFA and the PL offer various titbits to bring them back around. The SL is dropped, but the larger financial investment vehicles (I refuse to call the Snakey Six 'clubs') get increased TV money, ability to sell their own streams and guaranteed CL football. Every other club becomes a whipping boy as our incomes plummet and theirs rockets. Half of all clubs go bust. Football dies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Pepe talking about playing the Champions league as if he's also not part of a club that's trying to kill it.

I'm really struggling to look at anything that features one of these six clubs without becoming really, really angry.

I am quite sure that I would struggle if I were at Villa Park tomorrow not to get involved in something quite unsavoury.

Like throwing a crema Catalana at him? 

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

That's about the best they can do to say they are against it, without blatantly going against their employer in public to the world.

Zidane said, ask the Chairman, I'm a coach, I like being a coach and I want to keep my job.

He didn't fanny about accusing UEFA of not having done enough to prevent it.

"If they'd wanted me not to run over their child, they should have given me the private lane I've been asking for."

• Like 1

Just now, jayEm said:

Intrigued to see what the UK Government do. They've been building up expectations quite dramatically and to the extent that failure to stop the league now would be seen as much more their fault than it would have had they stayed a bit quieter and not made any commitments. Might all be PR games still but I am curious.

If they do a damn thing, I'll be pleasantly surprised, and the more that PM says he'll do, the less I believe him.

He'll lie down in front of bulldozers in a ditch while he's dead before he let's this happen.

• Like 1

Just now, jayEm said:

Interesting bit from the fans forum Labour just held, was suggested since most of the clubs/their stadiums are in Labour controlled areas, there are options that could use to stop matches being played.

47 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Reminds me of something else i read recently when Billionaire's were in a behind closed doors meeting discussing a disgraceful "cull" of the population due to the World being overpopulated. So they were discussing ways to reduce the global population (Shortly before the Covid outbreak hit) and they called their group of merry Billionaires "The Good Club".

It appears they find it amusing to reverse what crime they are actually doing/planning and using it as a promotional tool instead. 

So destroying the Solidarity of World football becomes "We think it will improve solidarity". Turning the biggest fear into a soundbite for the opposite.

Scum basically. Probably bored after their mate Mr Epstein left. It is apparent these people live in their own balloon ego bubble surrounded by "yes" men and are just so used of doing whatever they want whenever they want it and if they can't get it they destroy the opposition and start it themselves without even a seconds remorse for the lives they have wrecked along the way. 

A US Billionaire also asset stripped a company i worked with recently. They even came over & spoke to over 2000 of us in person telling us a drivel story of how tough their journey had been and how they were so caring and even on a spiritual level... The following year they destroyed a 100 year old household name company by asset stripping it through the back door and leaving 1000's out of work & destitute. They are a disgrace to humanity these people.

The callousness of it all is actually scary. 

Our owners, although i have no doubt being ruthless when necessary, appear to be a class above thankfully.

They're parasites. All of them. What's happening in football is just a reflection of the wider world. Maybe this will be the catalyst in the wider world for people to take back what is ours and put these billionaire scum where they belong.

1 minute ago, Swerbs said:

Interesting bit from the fans forum Labour just held, was suggested since most of the clubs/their stadiums are in Labour controlled areas, there are options that could use to stop matches being played.

Starmer pre match motivational team talk?

"If you'd give us more subs we wouldn't have had to do this." - Pep.

"If you'd given us less games we wouldn't have had to do this." - Klopp

Both of them, saying erm, I know this is wrong, but.....

Never their fault is it?

• Like 2

Â