Pre match thread

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Even if I thought it, I wouldn't say it. Keep the faith. 

Faith - Belief in something for which you have no evidence. 

Sadly, the evidence points to a defeat. I hope I'm wrong but we just don't look very good and haven't for months now. Still and improvement on last season, although that's mainly due to our ridiculous start. 

33 minutes ago, supermon said:

Don't think Traore should be dropped, id start with Davis and as harsh as it is, keep Trezeguet on the bench. Play Watkins on the wing.

Maybe have Nakamba play this one for defensive protection.

I agree on Trez - I actually think he's a really effective sub in that he's the only wing option we have who regularly arrives at second post. After 70 minutes he comes on and no-one tracks him. Possibly because they've seen him dribble.

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought Traore was excellent in the last 20 minutes against Fulham. Yes we need that from the off but he is our most creative player.   Dropping him would make us more solid but we”d lose our only really creative spark. 

Traore could not have done what he did without Davis and Trezeguet changing the game for us.

35 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

I agree on Trez - I actually think he's a really effective sub in that he's the only wing option we have who regularly arrives at second post. After 70 minutes he comes on and no-one tracks him. Possibly because they've seen him dribble.

Probably need Trez workrate against a high pressing team like Liverpool.

Can see Traore be a liability in this one

I’ve got a funny feeling that playing against Liverpool today may well suit us. I have no idea why but I fancy us to get something. Maybe a cheeky 25% possession 0-1 victory. Blimey that would feel good. UTV. COYVB. SOTC.

I have nothing to back it up, just a feeling. But I am expecting a result today 1:0.  Several teams have won here by 1:0, We should not be scared of them

and Tyrone has had his misdemeanour for this month (you know what I mean)

The back five picks itself as usual.

For this one I'd bring in Nakamba for Sanson and have him and Luiz holding, with McGinn playing further forward. This should give us some decent cover. 

I quite like the idea of starting Davis centrally, with Ollie on the left. I wouldn't generally want Ollie there because 1) you'd generally want him as close to their goal as possible and 2) his touch and dribbling skills aren't probably good enough at this level to play as a winger. However, in such a game I don't expect us to be fancy on the ball, rather i expect us to attack the space they will leave. And he can physically bully TAA, while Davis can provide the hold up play which seems one of the few options we have to keep some possession. 

Trez has earned a start and his work rate would probably be more valuable than what Bertie offers in a game like this. 

I doubt Deano will go for this though, I think Nakamba will come in for Sanson, Trez starts on the left, Bertie on the right, Ollie up front. 

Maybe ‘Tank’ (AKA Davis) and Trezeguet to both start on this occasion 😉.

In all honesty though, could we win at Liverpool or draw? Maybe not a loss. We’ll be in the sky blue away kit, so I hear we haven’t won when we’re wearing that kit.

Given our circumstances with still no Jack and poor form I'd be happy and very relieved today with a 2-0 loss. I mean happy not to be thrashed! 😕

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

i dont see any way we win this today, no Grealish, and the rest of the team just dont look at the races.

The only chance i see is if we do something leftfield in terms of selection and setup.

We've got this lads I can smell it!

We are going to do them, it won't be pretty but they will go down to 10 mem and we will nick it 1-0 with a traore goal.

Edited by DevonVillan
Predictive text

Loving the positivity for this one😎 But seriously though, even with Jack it would be a tough one and with our most recent form doesn't really bode well for our prospects today.  Would be absolutely thrilled with a point, but yes like others feel probably be a loss.

17 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I'm sure we did the double over them in 92/93. Wasn't it 2-1 to us at Anfield and 4-2 at VP?

The Ronny Rosenthal game wasnt it? Dean Saunders had just signed from plop and they instantly regretted it if im not mistaken? Good times. Also remember a young David James in goal for them that day

• Like 3