Pre match thread

Demitri_C

So the Pool want to be more defensive, they fear our capabilitys, I do think they wonder if we've woken up again and are preparing for it in case.

I'm nervous about this one because it could be a slaughter and some revenge or a wicked game and someone nicks it by a goal.

Come in guys I believe we can double up on the Pool..

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I assume he's not fit because I am slightly disappointed with the bench, 4 defenders Inc Hause and Taylor, drop Taylor cos Hause can cover LB and stick someone else in there (I'm not saying i know who that someone else is...) 

Taylor on the bench always feels like a bit of a waste to me, we could use this seasons 9 sub rule a little better 

That's a minor bug bearer though not a complaint or criticism 

To be fair, if Sanson is injured, there isn't anyone else except the U23s, and they played yesterday, so probably better to have the senior players.

7 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Faith - Belief in something for which you have no evidence. 

Sadly, the evidence points to a defeat. I hope I'm wrong but we just don't look very good and haven't for months now. Still and improvement on last season, although that's mainly due to our ridiculous start. 

Faith - Complete trust in someone or something. 

Again, keep the faith.

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

bad shin splints injury can take up to 9 months to recover...

Yup. It's the muscle expanding and taking a bit of bone with it....ouch....

Mistime the comeback and you are back to sq1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

You don't recover from shin splints in a week.

I’ve not been on topic much. Last I read shin splints was only a rumour and it could have been something else.

I’m going back to my conspiracy  theory  that we’ve agreed a fee for his sale.

Edited by Genie

Just now, hippo said:

Relying on Liverpool being poor. Too many players in that start 11 toss the ball away to the opposition.

Think we could be on the end of a walloping today.

I think the first 15 minutes are crucial. If we can keep them at bay through the expected initial onslaught, then, maybe, just maybe, we can get something. 

Fingers crossed and all that.

Jack has so many drugs in his body that need rehabbing he’s busy today from 14.30-17.30. Otherwise he would have played. I think he’s been doing them off his tiny shin pads which is why he was out initially. They’re still trying to determine whether he’s doing the drugs to relieve the shin pain, or the shin pain is causing the drugs.

I work in the medical department at Villa.

Just now, villanmac said:

Would have loved to have seen Davis up against Phillips and Kerak, i honestly think he'd have worn them like a johnny.

He will still wear them like a Johnny mate don't worry, but as my wife will attest to my performance, he can only f**k them silly for 5 mins before he runs out of gas...

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Relying on Liverpool being poor. Too many players in that start 11 toss the ball away to the opposition.

Think we could be on the end of a walloping today.

What team would you have played?